want more speed

Tech questions that don't fit above forums

Moderator: Team

nyesgym
Pro
Pro
Re: want more speed

Post by nyesgym »

can i port or does anyone port victor jr ? guess i could give it a try. i already matched the ports to the heads, was thinking i should sharpen the edges of the runners on the carb side. i did clean the casting marks out of it.a guy wants me to buy PBM heads 210 runners said they flow 330 and 230 exhaust, but i found out the castings are made in china, i do not want any china jnk on m car
nyesgym
Pro
Pro

Post by nyesgym »

Just paid for A Wilson CNC and hand ported Super Victor for my 383 sbc. replacing my victor jr. I have been cranking this motor to 7900, so I will see if the $822.00 i just spent on this intake was worth it. There telling me 25 HP. should help all way around.
nyesgym
Pro
Pro

Post by nyesgym »

I just got my Wilson Super victor manifold. ,Now you and i can buy a super victor manifold any where for under $300. but Dave at wilson manifolds told me I need to buy one of their CNC super victor manifolds for $822.00, because they CNC it and really put some work into it and you get great results. Well ,i just opened the box from wilson and i was GREATLY disappointed. I could do better with my hand dremmel, If they spent 20 minutes on this manifold ,i would be surprised. and alot of casting marks are still in the runners. This is clearly not worth the money, I mean anyone could do better. Please do not waste your money on buying from them. They ripped me off, I would have saved $500, if I had bought it from jegs and took about 30 minutes with my dremmel and i must say do a better job. I sent them a email and they can't believe i do not like it ? Come on ? something is wrong here if they think they did a good job. $500 labor for 20 minutes of work ? How can you explan to someone that is wrong ? Send it back we will credit your account, now how and why would i trust any of their other work if they think this is good ? I will just take the loss, and hope i run into a wilson rep at a race sometime. People need to know ,when you cheat someone, things have a way of coming back on you.
af2
Guru
Guru

Post by af2 »

I had that feeling when you stated the price. There are quite a few on speed talk that would have done the job but wanting a head to make it right for the same coin if not less and have a quality piece when done.
Just because it has a big name don't mean it is right.
GURU is only a name.
Adam