MSD 6AL 2

Tech questions that don't fit above forums

Moderator: Team

BigBlocksOnTop
Pro
Pro
MSD 6AL 2

Post by BigBlocksOnTop »

Made a mistake and removed the coil wire from the coil.Later on went to crank engine and heard the spark comming from the coil. Put the coil wire back in the coil and tried to crank engine. No spark what so ever.I believe the spark back fed into the msd and caused damage....can this happen.I have even replaced the coil.I have performed the test ''touch the white wire to ground'' with key on and no fire. There is a LED on the side of the msd and it does three blinks in row, then about a 3 sec. pause and another three blinks in a row. Does this mean anything?
sc2dave
Expert
Expert
Location: Los Angeles, in The People's republic of Kalifornia

Re: MSD 6AL 2

Post by sc2dave »

BigBlocksOnTop
Pro
Pro

Post by BigBlocksOnTop »

Up date: A transistor, diode and 10 ohm resistor was replaced. Hard lesson learned for under 75.00.
mitch
Expert
Expert

Post by mitch »

Having problems with a MSD 6AL digutal box. 71 440 challenger with Msd 6Al Blaster 2 coil Pro dist.
Car might sit there and Run for an hour with no trouble. Next time it will fire right up and I start to drive it down the road and go 100 feet then it will start acting like you are flipping a switch turning the ignition on and off. Get it back in the shop and pull the hood and the red light on the box will flash on and off like flipping the switch on and off, put a test light to the +coil and it loses fire intermittently like the box.It has to be either the pickup coil or the box.Has anyone ever had this kind of problem with one of these.
Thanks Mitch