Open to topics unrelated to Speed-Talk.
No politics. No religion topics.

Moderator: Team

Wolf_Tm250
Pro
Pro

Videos from a friend...drifting on a Enzo and FXX Ferrari

Post by Wolf_Tm250 »

Last edited by Wolf_Tm250 on Sun Nov 26, 2006 3:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Wolf_Tm
TM enduro 250cc 2stroke
Toyota Celica Gt-Four ST205 Snowy White
http://www.youtube.com/WolfTm250
EFI University Advanced tuner
ROGUE GTS
Post by ROGUE GTS »

uhh ok, but neither of those are F50's. Those would be an Enzo and FXX, And don't dare call them F60's, cause thats not what they are.
Ed-vancedEngines

Post by Ed-vancedEngines »

Good video and awsum car in the first one. Have not seen the second one yet.

That driver was scaring me and I was just watching a video. I am very comforatbale at any speed in any race with a experienced driver that is driving within his or her capabilities. That one wasn't.

You set up your drift before you get into the turn. Not after you are already in it. That guy was see-sawing the wheel back and forth like he was scared of it. That is not necessary unless you are pretty much out of control like he appeared to be. You set up your drift with the wheel before you get there and control it with the gas pedal, with little steering movement needed. Of course you will need to steer into the drift but not like he was doing. He was trying to do it all after he was already committed in the turns. Set up your drift or slide either one, before the turn. Not after you are in the middle of the turns. 4 hweel drifts are also controlled by power not by wrenching the steering wheeel back and forth wildly. You enter the turn already planned what you will be doing to drive through it. That driver was scarey to watch.

I have a tough time belieing that someone that is performance driving a car of that calibre is not doing a better driving job. To me it sure was looking like that he was driving way over his head in most of the hard turns and he needed to forget that he had a passanger with him instead of shwoing off for the passanger's benefit.

What was that bull of removing both hands off the wheel to show his passanger he was using no hands? Of course you should not need any hands to straighten the wheel back up. The positive castor in the front end should do it for you.

Still a great fun vid though.

Thanks for sharing it. Hope you were not the driver.

Ed
Wolf_Tm250
Pro
Pro

Post by Wolf_Tm250 »

ROGUE GTS wrote:uhh ok, but neither of those are F50's. Those would be an Enzo and FXX, And don't dare call them F60's, cause thats not what they are.

Yes, you're perfectly right... don't really know why I typoed F50 instead of Enzo.... :oops: maybe for the red wine I drunk yesterday...
Wolf_Tm
TM enduro 250cc 2stroke
Wolf_Tm250
Pro
Pro

Post by Wolf_Tm250 »

Ed-vancedEngines wrote:Good video and awsum car in the first one. Have not seen the second one yet.

That driver was scaring me and I was just watching a video. I am very comforatbale at any speed in any race with a experienced driver that is driving within his or her capabilities. That one wasn't.

You set up your drift before you get into the turn. Not after you are already in it. That guy was see-sawing the wheel back and forth like he was scared of it. That is not necessary unless you are pretty much out of control like he appeared to be. You set up your drift with the wheel before you get there and control it with the gas pedal, with little steering movement needed. Of course you will need to steer into the drift but not like he was doing. He was trying to do it all after he was already committed in the turns. Set up your drift or slide either one, before the turn. Not after you are in the middle of the turns. 4 hweel drifts are also controlled by power not by wrenching the steering wheeel back and forth wildly. You enter the turn already planned what you will be doing to drive through it. That driver was scarey to watch.

I have a tough time belieing that someone that is performance driving a car of that calibre is not doing a better driving job. To me it sure was looking like that he was driving way over his head in most of the hard turns and he needed to forget that he had a passanger with him instead of shwoing off for the passanger's benefit.

What was that bull of removing both hands off the wheel to show his passanger he was using no hands? Of course you should not need any hands to straighten the wheel back up. The positive castor in the front end should do it for you.

Still a great fun vid though.

Thanks for sharing it. Hope you were not the driver.

Ed

Hi Ed !

No, "unfortunately" I was not that driver.... unfortunately because I never owned or driven one... :wink:

maybe I made an error to show those as drifting videos, but obviously they aren't...
let me explain, he is a touring car and ferrari challenge driver, very good driver...
he made teenth of good, fast and clean laps, and the videos are only about the last laps, that he made using too much throttle...

I posted because is "funny" to use THOSE cars in that way... :lol:

And this is how he use his own car... 997 GT3...

http://www.maxige.com/video/Varano2006.wmv

Bye !
Wolf_Tm
TM enduro 250cc 2stroke
Ape
Pro
Pro
Post by Ape »

[quote="Wolf_Tm250 let me explain, he is a touring car and ferrari challenge driver, very good driver...
he made teenth of good, fast and clean laps, and the videos are only about the last laps, that he made using too much throttle...

Bye ![/quote]

Maybe it was also the track compound since rijeka has one of the coarsest i know of.

cheers
There is always advancement to be made.
airflowdevelop
Guru
Guru

Post by airflowdevelop »

Wow...just amazing... That has to of been the worst line and shoot's I have ever seen.

I didn't realize that he was fooling around...even so, this is still real scary!!!

Dennis
iadr
Expert
Expert

Post by iadr »

yeah. You might have put the vids in context for us right off the bat. I for one would be most interested in the smooth driving vids, actually.

I by no means have the reflexes to get around faster than he did in the first vid, but I have the theoretical understanding of how to use much smaller slip angles in a much more subtle way to your advantage, and thereby go faster.
I guess all that's a repeat.

My only other comment is that in the second vid, is it just me or is there a sound in every full RPM pull, of a pair of power peaks- ie a hole in the power right halfway through the upper range?
The first couple of times I though he was pedalling it (Ie modulating the throttle, but it was exactly the same each time. I also wondered if there was a sound frequency range the camera's microphone didn't pick up clearly, but neither explanation satisfied me.
Sir Yun
Expert
Expert

Post by Sir Yun »

it is smooth..but rather slow, probably as to not upset the groceries in the back

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K8BJb8DdQtU
“There is no authority who decides what is a good idea.”
― Richard Feynman

Expert ? Me ? ...whhhhaaahahhaahahaha