trans brake launch rpm

Open to topics unrelated to Speed-Talk.
No politics. No religion topics.

Moderator: Team

Ric1895
trans brake launch rpm

Post by Ric1895 »

I was told to activate the transbrake with no rpm limit and see how high the rpms go then set the launch rpm 500 below this. I always thought that it was better to flash the converter ex. if your converter has a 5500 stall launch at 3000. this way the converter will hit 5500 much harder.
xenginebuilder
Expert
Expert

Re: trans brake launch rpm

Post by xenginebuilder »

My personal experience is that ET will improve slightly with a stepped launch rpm, and RT will improve with no step or high step. I think the characteristic of the fast engine acceleration against the converter stall helps the engine and chassis to improve the 60 ft., but when you are running against a pro .400 tree, you need to shock the front tires out of the lights and the high or no stall seems to help that. This was with a small block, I don't think the big block cars are as sensitive. If you can run a lower rpm on the brake, it will probably save your converter some grief. I think the converter temps go up about 100 deg per sec at full stall, so lower rpm with less initial load will probably extend your converter life. JMO
If you lend someone $20.00 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.
Ric1895
Post by Ric1895 »

thanks great info