BADASS TKO 600 WHO???

Transmission to Rear-end

Moderator: Team

redliner
Expert
Expert

BADASS TKO 600 WHO???

Post by redliner » Thu Feb 01, 2018 8:48 pm

WHo is running faceplated TKO 600s and how fast are ya going and getting them to live? I gave broken the case on my Liberty faceplated TKO 600 once already and I am only makin 500 ft lbs

autogear
Pro
Pro

Re: BADASS TKO 600 WHO???

Post by autogear » Fri Feb 02, 2018 10:40 am

No dog in this fight, but we need to look at how you're using the transmission here.
We also need to look at vehicle weight, rear gear ratio, rear suspension, tires, psi, clutch/clutch adjustment and launch technique.
Also, you should doublecheck your bellhousing for concentricity and parallelism while you're at it.

Apart from Liberty's, the guy I know with the most TKO experience is the legendary Bob Hanlon (Hanlon Motorsports).

redliner
Expert
Expert

Re: BADASS TKO 600 WHO???

Post by redliner » Fri Feb 02, 2018 11:20 am

autogear wrote:
Fri Feb 02, 2018 10:40 am
No dog in this fight, but we need to look at how you're using the transmission here.
We also need to look at vehicle weight, rear gear ratio, rear suspension, tires, psi, clutch/clutch adjustment and launch technique.
Also, you should doublecheck your bellhousing for concentricity and parallelism while you're at it.

Apart from Liberty's, the guy I know with the most TKO experience is the legendary Bob Hanlon (Hanlon Motorsports).
Yes, It was am learning curve. I am not knocking the trans at all! I love it! I have had a handle on it for year as far as concentricity, launch, amount of slippage, counterweight etc. I am stepping up about 80 - 90 ft lbs. and 100 + hp with the same trans, clutch etc. I just wondered who was running these transmissions and how fast they were going, how much power they were making and what they were using for counterweight etc. I am just curious...