ATI Supercase v. Dedenbear Superglide case

Transmission to Rear-end

Moderator: Team

rskrause
Expert
Expert

ATI Supercase v. Dedenbear Superglide case

Post by rskrause » Sun Jan 21, 2007 5:33 pm

I need a new case for the 'glide my bracket car - an alcohol BBC in a 27T roadster. Two years ago I found a crack in the bell housing (OEM case) which I welded. It was fine on teardown last year. But I got the tranny apart yesterday and the repair has broken down. So, I am looking at either the Dedenbear or ATI cases. Besides the hype, the main difference seems to be two piece (ATI) or one piece (Dedenbear). The ATI has a separate bellhousing that bolts to the case.

Anyone with any insight into the two products?

Richard

Transman
Pro
Pro

Post by Transman » Tue Jan 23, 2007 10:08 am

I'm sort of partial to the 1-pc cases myself. Less weight and worry. Not sure if you saw my post on the new BTE 1-pc Chevy Glide cases or not? They're to me a great alternative to the Dedenbear from a price standpoint. I did help with the case, and it's a good piece. It requires no liner, and also is much stiffer at the rear of the case as it's solid there with no 'crescent' or cutout areas. I have them along with Dedenbear and JW cases available. The BTE cases are all sold out now with my next shipment coming in about 2 weeks. Pricing direct from BTE is $695 + shipping. I can do better than that. Ditto on the other two brands. Both of my new transmissions are built in the BTE cases, and will be going in my dragster behind a fairly tame sub-700 hp small block.
Dealer for TCI, JW, BTE, Trans Specialties, Jesel, Impact, etc.

rskrause
Expert
Expert

Post by rskrause » Tue Jan 23, 2007 9:26 pm

Transman wrote:I'm sort of partial to the 1-pc cases myself. Less weight and worry. Not sure if you saw my post on the new BTE 1-pc Chevy Glide cases or not? They're to me a great alternative to the Dedenbear from a price standpoint. I did help with the case, and it's a good piece. It requires no liner, and also is much stiffer at the rear of the case as it's solid there with no 'crescent' or cutout areas. I have them along with Dedenbear and JW cases available. The BTE cases are all sold out now with my next shipment coming in about 2 weeks. Pricing direct from BTE is $695 + shipping. I can do better than that. Ditto on the other two brands. Both of my new transmissions are built in the BTE cases, and will be going in my dragster behind a fairly tame sub-700 hp small block.
I am always interested in a good piece at a lower price. I will "Google" the case, but if you have a link to additonal info, I'd appreicate it. Can you email me a quote?

rskrause@adelphia.net

Thanks