hydraulic clutch release

Transmission to Rear-end

Moderator: Team

the twister

hydraulic clutch release

Postby the twister » Sun Apr 16, 2017 9:42 am

I am currently running a lenco transmission with an (electric/hydraulic) release valve. having what I thought was a tire spin issue but seems that my clutch is just slow releasing. Dropped the clutch by foot because of programming mistake in my delay box and the car hooked hard, wheels up through the 60 ft in 1st and 2nd gear, Anyone have any idea what kind of valve to use to get an instant release on the clutch. one I have now is a poppet style valve.Maybe its just not rated for enough flow to cover my requirements ?

the twister

Re: hydraulic clutch release

Postby the twister » Sun Apr 16, 2017 3:57 pm

Have looked up the valve currently using,its a 15 gpm normally open, screw in poppet style valve, any suggestions?

the twister

Postby the twister » Mon Apr 17, 2017 7:14 pm

I think I have found my problem. The clutch pedal was spring load to return to engaged (out) position and when I had the pedal depressed and activated the delay box, the pedal came all the out, letting the piston in the m/c load with fluid therefore when the pedal was released by the delay box there was excess fluid having to return to the resevoir and slowing the clutch engagement. have switched the spring to hold pedal to the floor until it is released by the box, seems to feel quicker but will have to test it. Any one have any opinion on this theory?

the twister

Postby the twister » Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:27 pm

yep, turns out the pedal position after activating the delay box was my problem. Tested last night at local track.Have repositioned the pedal return spring to hold the pedal on the floor instead of returning it to normal position. Clutch hits hard now, car leaves on the bars like it should.

Return to “Driveline”