Your Drive-Line thoughts requested

Transmission to Rear-end

Moderator: Team

predator

Your Drive-Line thoughts requested

Post by predator » Thu Jan 12, 2017 11:40 pm

Hi Everyone:

I am in the process of building my71 Plymouth road-runner. I have put up posts regarding my Var Before. So I want to APOLOGIZE IF ANY OF THIS SEEMS REDUNDANT. sO, HERE i GO: i WANT MY CAR TO BE ABLE TO BE A GOOD STRONG RUNNING cAR. Weather I am at the Drag-Strip. I hope to have my Car turn a Good E-T. I also want my Car to be able to Run the Silver-State Road-Race. i hope to have my Car be able to run Two Hundred Miles an Hour, or More!

So this brings me to my Question of you Guys. Has anyone run, or is running a Tremec Six-Speed? THE CARS CURRENT DRIVE LINE IS: MY car currently has a Torque-flight, it has a Gear vendors Over-Drive. The Car also has the Stock Rear-end. The rear-End is a 8 and 3/4 that has 4.88 Gears. The car has a Magnum Force coil-over fro9nt suspension. I am currently looking into the possibility of install an I-R-S rear suspension in the car.

So, do you guys think that setting my Car up with a Tremec Six-Speed Transmission is the way to go with setting up my Caessss Drive-Line? I am thinking that by running the Six-Speed I can run a Lower Numerical gear in the rear. While at the same time. I will have good gearing for when I want to make a pass d0wn the Quarter Mile.

O-K this is about it. Once again please forgive me for being back on the same Topic. I am looking forward to any responses that I may get regarding my DRIVE-LINE SET-UP QUERY.

GOOD BY cHRIS mCkEON ccmck@goldstate.net . . . 925-497-1059

quarter

mile

pdq67
Guru
Guru

Re: Your Drive-Line thoughts requested

Post by pdq67 » Fri Jan 13, 2017 5:52 am

Don't know?

Sorry..

But regardless watch the driveshaft, "rpm/shaft dia./length", stuff closely so it doesn't become unstable at speed.

Good luck.

pdq67

autogear
Pro
Pro

Post by autogear » Fri Jan 13, 2017 3:21 pm

Talk to Guffey @ RPM Transmissions. PDQ ia correct, driveshaft speeds get scary with a 0.50 OD

jacksoni
Expert
Expert

Post by jacksoni » Fri Jan 13, 2017 4:13 pm

At least with the gear vendors, shortens the driveshaft that much from the stock and likely from the 6 speed.

predator

Post by predator » Sun Jan 15, 2017 12:35 pm

I'm just thinking that in setting up my Car. I might want to look into running say a Tremec Six Speed. Then I can run a low rear-end differential Gear ratio. This would allow me to run a Ring and Pinion ratio in the Two's/ This way I hope that mt Cars drive-line will have a good mechanical advantage from low-speeds to the Higher speed of Two-Hundred MPH Plus.

Hell, I'm a GUY! I want to go ast. But I want to go fast while being somewhat safe. I see having either a Drive-Shaft failure at speed. Or experiencing a blown engine due to excessive R-P-M as a very Scary thought.

But then again can one set-up a Car to go two Hundred M-P-H while being safe?