Re: Missing Stuff Since Speedtalk Came Back???

Tech questions that don't fit above forums

Moderator: Team

In-Tech
Vendor

Post by In-Tech »

Hi Ken,
I uploaded a few BBC pics on this thread yesterday viewtopic.php?f=1&t=55742&start=15 with no problem, not sure what's happening.
Heat is energy, energy is horsepower...but you gotta control the heat.
-Carl
makin chips
Pro
Pro

Post by makin chips »

Delete works fine. You have to use the X in the top right corner instead of "edit post" and then click the "delete post" checkbox. I've used it twice in the last 4 days.

Hmm... It's not there now. That's weird. "Delete Post" is still available to use in Engine Tech by using the "X" in the top corner, though. I assume the other tech sections are still like that, also. So maybe it's just certain subforums that don't allow deletion of posts?
makin chips
Pro
Pro

Post by makin chips »

I agree. I've used it multiple times for that very reason.

There may be someone else you can try to contact. Let me look at something.

See if you get any response from this guy. Pretty sure he's helping out around here now. He was just here on the 12th. So it may take a few days.

https://www.speed-talk.com/forum/memberl ... le&u=31039

You can also try reporting a post. Last time i did, someone contacted me to ask about the person/post I reported. I believe it was that Jayson guy I posted above, IIRC. It's been since the forum came back online so it had to be somebody new.
Dave Koehler
Vendor

Post by Dave Koehler »

Part of the not being able to delete happened a few years ago. We had a poster that IF he didn't get the respect he expected or was challenged he would go back and delete his posts in the thread. This tended to make the thread senseless overall. It's too bad because the guy had some good tech. If you think long enough you might remember who was a prolific deleter.

I don't know the issue here but I think the non delete is a good thing.
I think we have 20 minutes or so to correct or add to a post.
If one puts it in writing then it should stay there.
I just wish we had more real names here.
Dave Koehler - Koehler Injection
Enderle Fuel Injection - Nitrous Charger - Balancing - Nitrous Master software
http://www.koehlerinjection.com
"Never let a race car know that you are in a hurry."
makin chips
Pro
Pro

Post by makin chips »

Dave Koehler wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 10:30 pm Part of the not being able to delete happened a few years ago. We had a poster that IF he didn't get the respect he expected or was challenged he would go back and delete his posts in the thread. This tended to make the thread senseless overall. It's too bad because the guy had some good tech. If you think long enough you might remember who was a prolific deleter.

I don't know the issue here but I think the non delete is a good thing.
I think we have 20 minutes or so to correct or add to a post.
If one puts it in writing then it should stay there.
I just wish we had more real names here.
Had a guy like that at a forum I frequented. He would get all butthurt when he didn't get the respect he thought he deserved and would go through and delete HUNDREDS of tech posts at a time. Thing was, he was one of the, if not the most knowledgeable guy on the entire forum. Bar none. He could quote service manuals, tell you the page number, circuit #, wire colors, all kinds of stuff.

Like clockwork, he would get in phases where he would delete anything he posted so others who didn't appreciate the time he put in to share that info wouldn't be able to benefit from his knowledge. The guy was a liberal crybaby if I've ever seen one. He's actually an NCRS judge. Name is Dave Perry of Los Angeles, CA super smart guy but weird as H-E-double hockey sticks lmao