Missing Stuff Since Speedtalk Came Back???

Open

Moderator: Team

Ken0069
Guru
Guru

Missing Stuff Since Speedtalk Came Back???

Post by Ken0069 » Wed Feb 20, 2019 3:46 am

I noticed that the "Delete Post" option on new posts you make is no longer available?? Before the shut down you were allowed 30 minutes to delete your post if you so desired. There was an "X" along side the edit tool "!" that allowed you the option to do this that is now missing.

Also, I noticed that you can no longer post pictures here as there is NO WAY to upload them to the server? :(
"Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves."
William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)

Big Boyz Toyz!

Global Warming Is a FRAUD!

In-Tech
Guru
Guru

Re: Missing Stuff Since Speedtalk Came Back???

Post by In-Tech » Wed Feb 20, 2019 4:11 am

Hi Ken,
I uploaded a few BBC pics on this thread yesterday http://www.speedtalk.com/forum/viewtopi ... 2&start=15 with no problem, not sure what's happening.
Heat is energy, energy is horsepower...but you gotta control the heat.
-Carl

Ken0069
Guru
Guru

Post by Ken0069 » Wed Feb 20, 2019 11:01 am

Hummm, I guess I need to double check the picture thingie then. Thanks

Edit, just checked and this General Discussion section along with the Politics/Religion/Current Events section has NO Attachment tab so they have removed that option from those sections and possibly more others that I haven't checked.

Man, I miss Don more and more each day!!! ](*,)
"Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves."

Big Boyz Toyz!

Ken0069
Guru
Guru

Post by Ken0069 » Wed Feb 20, 2019 12:34 pm

Ken0069 wrote:
Wed Feb 20, 2019 3:46 am
I noticed that the "Delete Post" option on new posts you make is no longer available?? Before the shut down you were allowed 30 minutes to delete your post if you so desired. There was an "X" along side the edit tool "!" that allowed you the option to do this that is now missing.

Also, I noticed that you can no longer post pictures here as there is NO WAY to upload them to the server? :(
Actually I made a mistake in this post. The "Edit" function is a pencil icon not this "!".

Big Boyz Toyz!

makin chips

Post by makin chips » Fri Mar 01, 2019 2:26 pm

Delete works fine. You have to use the X in the top right corner instead of "edit post" and then click the "delete post" checkbox. I've used it twice in the last 4 days.

Hmm... It's not there now. That's weird. "Delete Post" is still available to use in Engine Tech by using the "X" in the top corner, though. I assume the other tech sections are still like that, also. So maybe it's just certain subforums that don't allow deletion of posts?

Ken0069
Guru
Guru

Post by Ken0069 » Sun Mar 17, 2019 2:33 pm

makin chips wrote:
Fri Mar 01, 2019 2:26 pm
Delete works fine. You have to use the X in the top right corner instead of "edit post" and then click the "delete post" checkbox. I've used it twice in the last 4 days.

Hmm... It's not there now. That's weird. "Delete Post" is still available to use in Engine Tech by using the "X" in the top corner, though. I assume the other tech sections are still like that, also. So maybe it's just certain subforums that don't allow deletion of posts?
Sorry for the late response, didn't know anyone else had replied to this post.

Yup, Politics, Religion and Current Events forum DID have the DELETE function in it before Don died, but not now? DELETE is in some of the forums though?

I've sent TWO PM messages to the Admin trying to get it put back in but had NO action on this request to date and it's been about a MONTH ago that I did that? :( That DELETE function works well when you decide that you shouldn't have said this or that on that part of the board. Sometimes cooler heads prevail with time and DELETE function helps with that.

Just saying................................

Big Boyz Toyz!

makin chips

Post by makin chips » Sun Mar 17, 2019 9:34 pm

I agree. I've used it multiple times for that very reason.

There may be someone else you can try to contact. Let me look at something.

See if you get any response from this guy. Pretty sure he's helping out around here now. He was just here on the 12th. So it may take a few days.

https://www.speedtalk.com/forum/memberl ... le&u=31039

You can also try reporting a post. Last time i did, someone contacted me to ask about the person/post I reported. I believe it was that Jayson guy I posted above, IIRC. It's been since the forum came back online so it had to be somebody new.

Ken0069
Guru
Guru

Post by Ken0069 » Tue Mar 19, 2019 8:03 pm

Got a PM from a guy on this Delete thingie today. He was wanting additional info so I sent him a reply telling him what had happened. Maybe it will be fixed soon.

Big Boyz Toyz!

Dave Koehler
Guru
Guru

Post by Dave Koehler » Tue Mar 19, 2019 10:30 pm

Part of the not being able to delete happened a few years ago. We had a poster that IF he didn't get the respect he expected or was challenged he would go back and delete his posts in the thread. This tended to make the thread senseless overall. It's too bad because the guy had some good tech. If you think long enough you might remember who was a prolific deleter.

I don't know the issue here but I think the non delete is a good thing.
I think we have 20 minutes or so to correct or add to a post.
If one puts it in writing then it should stay there.
I just wish we had more real names here.
Dave Koehler - Koehler Injection
Fuel Injection - Nitrous Charger - Balancing - Nitrous Master software
http://www.koehlerinjection.com
"Never let a race car know that you are in a hurry."