Happy Birthday Ed Iskenderian

Tech questions that don't fit above forums

Moderator: Team

Larry Salisbury
Happy Birthday Ed Iskenderian

Post by Larry Salisbury »

Today is Ed Iskenderian's 97th birthday. Called Isky earlier today to congratulate him. Sounds great, and will be at his usual hangout Fabulous Burgers for lunch.

Larry
Carnut1
Guru
Guru

Re: Happy Birthday Ed Iskenderian

Post by Carnut1 »

He is on my list of people I would like to meet at P.R.I. this year. Wishing him the best.
Servedio Cylinder Head Development
631-816-4911
9:00am - 9:00pm EST
bigmike

Post by bigmike »

That is cool. Big fan of Isky cams going way back. Interesting were were just looking at mild Isky Z-66 solid lifter cam for a mild BBC 427 project car. Used it years ago on a 396 with good results in jet boat I had. That engine was used more than a dozen years with no valve train problems.
steve cowan
Guru
Guru

Post by steve cowan »

has anyone read
ED Iskenderian and the history of hot rodding
i have not purchased it yet but most probably will,just interested if there is any tech material in the book
steve c
"Pretty don't make power"
GARY C
HotPass
HotPass

Post by GARY C »

Larry Salisbury wrote: Tue Jul 10, 2018 3:13 pm Today is Ed Iskenderian's 97th birthday. Called Isky earlier today to congratulate him. Sounds great, and will be at his usual hangout Fabulous Burgers for lunch.

Larry
=D>
Please Note!
THE ABOVE POST IN NO WAY REFLECTS THE VIEWS OF SPEED TALK OR IT'S MEMBERS AND SHOULD BE VIEWED AS ENTERTAINMENT ONLY...Thanks, The Management!
Kingbee

Post by Kingbee »

steve cowan wrote: Tue Jul 10, 2018 5:31 pm has anyone read
i have not purchased it yet but most probably will,just interested if there is any tech material in the book
I have the book but only about a 3rd of the way through it. Not a lot of tech but a GREAT read so far! I've met and talked to him a few times at the California Hot Rod Reunion and even ate breakfast with him one morning after he invited me to sit down after I stopped to say hello. Besides the grease and oil he's been exposed to over the years he loads his bacon and eggs with lots of hot sauce! He is a genuine GREAT man and will talk your leg off!
steve cowan
Guru
Guru

Post by steve cowan »

Kingbee wrote: Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:07 pm
steve cowan wrote: Tue Jul 10, 2018 5:31 pm has anyone read
I have the book but only about a 3rd of the way through it. Not a lot of tech but a GREAT read so far! I've met and talked to him a few times at the California Hot Rod Reunion and even ate breakfast with him one morning after he invited me to sit down after I stopped to say hello. Besides the grease and oil he's been exposed to over the years he loads his bacon and eggs with lots of hot sauce! He is a genuine GREAT man and will talk your leg off!
thanks Kingbee,
great story,i really enjoy reading about the pioneers
my father will enjoy the read as well
steve c
"Pretty don't make power"
lefty o
Guru
Guru

Post by lefty o »

97, hope he gets a few more!
Walter R. Malik
Guru
Guru

Post by Walter R. Malik »

Amusing but true story ...
A few years ago during the Engine Masters Competition at the end of that day, about 6:00 PM, Ed went to the lunch room to get something from a vending machine. He sat down at a table with about 6 students and was answering all kinds of questions that those students could field.

We went past on the way to the tear-down room to verify legality and take some pictures. When we were finished about 5 HOURS later, Ed was still in the lunch room answering questions except there were now hundreds of students and Ed was at a lectern in front of the room.

He kept on going and going and he was irritating the janitorial staff because they wanted to leave. It subsided just around midnight.
http://www.rmcompetition.com
Specialty engine building at its finest.