Open to topics unrelated to Speed-Talk.
No politics. No religion topics.

Moderator: Team

427dart
Expert
Expert
The Fun Ford events of today......

Post by 427dart »

Why don't they just let it die since it is nothing like the Fun Ford events before 2008. Yes they should have let it be dead after the original series folded.
Took a gamble on it today at our local track Va.Motorsports Park. Show car field was a good turn out but scattered all over the pits mainly due to lack of Ford race cars. Lots of down time between any runs and filled with a Jr. Dragster class...who wants to see that stuff at a FORD event?

My last 25 bucks spent for that!
It is most certainly due to lack of a national sponsor promoting the event like the Menards Chevy Show which used to be Super Chevy.
Walter R. Malik
Guru
Guru

Re: The Fun Ford events of today......

Post by Walter R. Malik »

427dart wrote: Sat Jun 16, 2018 2:42 pm Why don't they just let it die since it is nothing like the Fun Ford events before 2008. Yes they should have let it be dead after the original series folded.
Took a gamble on it today at our local track Va.Motorsports Park. Show car field was a good turn out but scattered all over the pits mainly due to lack of Ford race cars. Lots of down time between any runs and filled with a Jr. Dragster class...who wants to see that stuff at a FORD event?

My last 25 bucks spent for that!
It is most certainly due to lack of a national sponsor promoting the event like the Menards Chevy Show which used to be Super Chevy.
You should attend some Ford Racer events which are not meant to make money and is 100% payback ... the FE event in PA. and the Big Block Memorial event in KY. come immediately to mind. I am sure there are probably others.
As long as it is a FORD ,,, those events are open.
http://www.rmcompetition.com
Specialty engine building at its finest.
427dart
Expert
Expert
Re: The Fun Ford events of today......

Post by 427dart »

I have been to the Beaver Springs FE event several times and it's a GREAT time!
Wish we had something like it down here. The good stuff is always up North!

As a teen I loved the Pro Stock match races that used to come to Richmond Dragway on the mid week nights!