Moderator: Team

pamotorman
Guru
Guru

Re: Dodge Demon VS Corvette ZR1

Post by pamotorman » Sat May 26, 2018 2:10 pm

Carnut1 wrote:
Sat May 26, 2018 12:40 pm
One of my exgirlfriends from the 80's sent me a pic of her youngest daughter who just graduated college with her new boyfriend and next to them is his new 635hp vette. Early 20's with a good job. It happens.
the wife and i left on our honeymoon in 1959 in a brand new 1959 corvette. we also had a new house but were we were engaged for 5 years saving up for the down payment on the house. back then you needed 25% down to get a mortgage and they did not count your wife's income. things are a lot easier today

JDR Performance
Pro
Pro

Post by JDR Performance » Sat May 26, 2018 2:34 pm

Carnut1 wrote:
One of my exgirlfriends from the 80's sent me a pic of her youngest daughter who just graduated college with her new boyfriend and next to them is his new 635hp vette. Early 20's with a good job. It happens.
I think that's great! There is nothing wrong with that.

Carnut1
Guru
Guru

Post by Carnut1 » Sat May 26, 2018 2:47 pm

JDR Performance wrote:
Sat May 26, 2018 2:34 pm
Carnut1 wrote:
I think that's great! There is nothing wrong with that.
Well, he is not a broke loser so I agree!
Servedio Cylinder Head Development
631-816-4911
9:00am - 9:00pm EST

exhaustgases
Guru
Guru

Post by exhaustgases » Sat May 26, 2018 7:31 pm

groberts101 wrote:
Sat May 26, 2018 12:10 pm

So, after all that ranting I'll end with this. BLAME THE GOVERNMENT! Because after all is said and done, it's the lack of physical training to actually learn how to handle a car in a reactive, stressful(rush hour), or high paced environment that is killing far more people in run of the mill plain-jane cars, trucks and suv's than factory hotrods and hypercars ever will. So long as the person can obey basic laws and parallel park?.. they are freely handed a drivers license to ignorantly and naively hurtle their 1.5-3 ton vehicles past blind corners/driveways, over/down hills, and along the roadways at night while in less than ideal weather conditions. But.. I guess they figure it's our inherent right as Americans and everyone has to be responsible for their own actions. And the ones who get it wrong or drive negligently will have to let the legal system and insurance companies sort it out from there. IMHO, it's the untrained driver full of complacency and ignorance that I worry about 100 times more than some idiot who thinks he has a super-license off a video game. BUT, on the other hand.. that idiot sometimes takes out a whole family when he runs into something at well over 100mph compared to the average fender bender who walks away. Either way.. it's a numbers game and the average cars with average drivers will always easily take the crown for lives lost. :cry:

Sorry for that long winded rant.. but it irks me in a really bad way when the cars themselves get blamed moreso than the unskilled ignorance of the people controlling them. I see and drive next to all these idiots every day of my life and the beat goes on. Only now the government is continually working to outsmart them with radar/camera proximity warnings, electronic stability control and anti-lock brakes. Nothing but more bandaids being applied to the festering sore of ignorance and complacency known as human nature.
I fully agree with that. My only reason for mentioning the car is because of what you posted above, as well as all the other restrictions on the road.
Like you say very few have the skill to drive a car. And gosh rather than parallel park or stop and drive down the road a nice high speed run around a wet track would be a better test, as well as having to back up around a course of some sort those two tests would eliminate 98%.
But then car sales would drop and so would taxes collected etc. so we will never see real testing for drivers.
I just hate it when I'm in a 25 MPH zone and some goof behind me is po'ed I won't go faster, hey I AM NOT THE PROBLEM, put that speed limit up to 80 and I'll do it, I just don't need the ticket and the increased insurance with it.