No politics. No religion topics.

Moderator: Team

Krooser
Guru
Guru

One of UDHarold's customers....

Post by Krooser »

Dick Trickle ad.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Honored to be a member of the Luxemburg Speedway Hall of Fame Class of 2019
midnightbluS10
Expert
Expert

Re: One of UDHarold's customers....

Post by midnightbluS10 »

Nice! We used to have a track here in Shreveport, LA for years and years. It was called Louisiana State Fair Speedway. Had a Superbird as the pace car in the 70s. It was also known to likely be the very first track in America with luxury boxes, back in 1919 or so. This was due to the Shreveport Country Club golf course relocating to the interior of the racetrack after their clubhouse burned down across town. At the time, it was a mile long. Shortened to 1/2 mile in 1932. It was a dirt track until they finally paved it in 1969. We used to have all sorts of stars from back in the day racing here. Don't doubt that some of them used Harold's cams. Ernie Derr was a staple at our track back then. I believe I have a pic of one of his cars, too.

Some pics from over the years

Pace car

Ron Hutcherson, brother of Nascar legend Dick Hutcherson and Ernie Derr's Charger with the #1 sponsored by Hutton.

AJ Foyt

Terry Labonte taking the lead in points. Marty Robbins raced here a lot, too.

Labonte passing #02, Leroy Brooks of Austin, TX

JC -

bigjoe1 wrote:By the way, I had a long talk with Harold(Brookshire) last year at the PRI show. We met at the airport and he told me everything he knew about everything.It was a nice visit. JOE SHERMAN RACING
pamotorman
Guru
Guru

Post by pamotorman »

back in the old days of NASCAR our 57 FI chevy at the Daytona beach race. burned a piston in the race towed it to smokeys replaced the piston and drove back home to Pa.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Krooser
Guru
Guru

Post by Krooser »

Some good stuff there fellas...
Honored to be a member of the Luxemburg Speedway Hall of Fame Class of 2019
lefty o
Guru
Guru

Post by lefty o »

just an FYI, thats a 69 daytona, not a superbird.