No politics. No religion topics.

Moderator: Team

GARY C
HotPass
HotPass
Re: Cub Cadet Warning!

Post by GARY C »

Kevin Johnson wrote: Sun Apr 08, 2018 10:46 am
GARY C wrote: I find it funny that they put auto sensor halogen lights on a lawn mower, so far I like the forward reverse hydro drive what ever thingy, I just hope it lasts or I will have to learn something new in the mower repair wold. :)
Don't try to use it as an N-series tractor -- you should be fine.
:D
Please Note!
THE ABOVE POST IN NO WAY REFLECTS THE VIEWS OF SPEED TALK OR IT'S MEMBERS AND SHOULD BE VIEWED AS ENTERTAINMENT ONLY...Thanks, The Management!
Dave Koehler
Vendor

Post by Dave Koehler »

That's what I am getting at Gary. It is doubtful your deck is set correctly. Do a YouTube search. Once you know how to do it it's no big deal.
Heck, the how to might even be in the manual.
FWIW it took a while for me to grasp this also.
I went through the same thing with my JDs, all much older than yours. I cut at the 3" level.

The cutting short advice is code for hell, I don't really know, go away.
Learn how set it up and have fun or ignore it and scalp the lawn.

You must resist the urge to mow in order for the grass to grow enough to mow at a 3" height.
Raking out the dead grass at least once a year helps also.
Dave Koehler - Koehler Injection
Enderle Fuel Injection - Nitrous Charger - Balancing - Nitrous Master software
http://www.koehlerinjection.com
"Never let a race car know that you are in a hurry."
GARY C
HotPass
HotPass

Post by GARY C »

Dave Koehler wrote: Mon Apr 09, 2018 1:49 pm That's what I am getting at Gary. It is doubtful your deck is set correctly. Do a YouTube search. Once you know how to do it it's no big deal.
Heck, the how to might even be in the manual.
FWIW it took a while for me to grasp this also.
I went through the same thing with my JDs, all much older than yours. I cut at the 3" level.

The cutting short advice is code for hell, I don't really know, go away.
Learn how set it up and have fun or ignore it and scalp the lawn.

You must resist the urge to mow in order for the grass to grow enough to mow at a 3" height.
Raking out the dead grass at least once a year helps also.
Thats the easy part. :D
Please Note!
THE ABOVE POST IN NO WAY REFLECTS THE VIEWS OF SPEED TALK OR IT'S MEMBERS AND SHOULD BE VIEWED AS ENTERTAINMENT ONLY...Thanks, The Management!
Dave Koehler
Vendor

Post by Dave Koehler »

Heck, I would get a goat if it didn't cost so much to put up a fence.
Kevin Johnson
HotPass
HotPass

Post by Kevin Johnson »

The house next door to us was turned into a grow house for pot (we learned this much later). They kept geese to act as natural wardens (like the Romans) and a couple goats to keep the back yard trimmed. I watched from my shop as the goats climbed trees and went on their roof. Then came the wondrous day that they worked out they they could escape by pushing on old boards in the fence.

Another neighbor captured a pygmy goat that had escaped from somewhere in the neighborhood. He asked Samantha if she would like it -- of course she would! When he picked it up it screamed in an almost human voice like it was being murdered. He set it down and it made a bee-line to my shop and promptly disappeared. I kept having the feeling that I was being watched and sure enough I was.

It would go to the fence to call to the other goats. When the goats escaped from the fence Samantha called a number that the neighbor had left as an emergency contact. A Hispanic man and crew showed up with a large livestock trailer complete with saddled horse and lasso. The older man was an expert horseman and snagged the goats easily. I asked them if they wanted the pygmy goat too and a group of them came into my shop to find it. It was snuggled down behind a boxed compressor unit. It could hide in the most incredibly small places.

Yes!!
Definitely get some goats to trim your lawn. Your life will be greatly enriched by new and exciting experiences. Perhaps they will locate problem areas with your roof? They could trim down that nasty bit of grass that sits between the two blades on the mower deck.

:lol: [-X

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PpccpglnNf0
Driving Force Online: BREAKING NEWS—Ohio Governor Signs SEMA-Supported Vehicle Freedom Bill Into Law!
Speedbump
Guru
Guru

Post by Speedbump »

Maybe not quite as entertaining as the political stuff, but it's amusing to an AZ kid to listen you ya' all go on and on about mowers and grass. :)
Speedbump
"If it was easy, everybody would do it."
Dave Koehler
Vendor

Post by Dave Koehler »

Speedbump wrote: Tue Apr 10, 2018 10:37 am Maybe not quite as entertaining as the political stuff, but it's amusing to an AZ kid to listen you ya' all go on and on about mowers and grass. :)
I see your sand rake and raise you a snowblower.
GARY C
HotPass
HotPass

Post by GARY C »

Dave Koehler wrote: Mon Apr 09, 2018 8:18 pm Heck, I would get a goat if it didn't cost so much to put up a fence.
The draw back to goats is the eat your lawn furniture and everything else. I never did a fence because I hate weed eating around stuff.
Please Note!
GARY C
HotPass
HotPass

Post by GARY C »

Speedbump wrote: Tue Apr 10, 2018 10:37 am Maybe not quite as entertaining as the political stuff, but it's amusing to an AZ kid to listen you ya' all go on and on about mowers and grass. :)
I am in Tx and thought about doing a desert decor in my yard so I didn't have to deal with grass but then you have dust and dirt, Then again I guess you could just clear epoxy everything.
Please Note!
Speedbump
Guru
Guru

Post by Speedbump »

Hey, it's patina! How you ever going to get patina on the hot rod if you don't give it a place to grow?...and those sand rakes come in coarse, medium and fine, Dave, depending on your preference.
Speedbump
"If it was easy, everybody would do it."