Moderator: Team

GARY C
HotPass
HotPass
Re: Cub Cadet Warning!

Post by GARY C »

sanfordandson wrote: Fri Apr 06, 2018 9:31 pm
GARY C wrote: Fri Apr 06, 2018 9:17 pm
I believe JD is still JD but yes Cub and many others or now owned by MTD. It does have a heavier deck, frame and a peerless rear diff and is why I went with over the cheaper stuff.
Judging by the price in your picture...you bought cheap. Dont expect alot from it.
Your welcome to buy me something else mr big bucks... the Craftsman I bought off my neighbor was $65.00 and I got 3 years out of it with a little oil and some air in the tires.
Please Note!
THE ABOVE POST IN NO WAY REFLECTS THE VIEWS OF SPEED TALK OR IT'S MEMBERS AND SHOULD BE VIEWED AS ENTERTAINMENT ONLY...Thanks, The Management!
sanfordandson
Guru
Guru

Post by sanfordandson »

GARY C wrote: Fri Apr 06, 2018 9:37 pm
Your welcome to buy me something else mr big bucks... the Craftsman I bought off my neighbor was $65.00 and I got 3 years out of it with a little oil and some air in the tires.
No thanks, I'm not a liberal. I prefer people make their own way in life....
GARY C
HotPass
HotPass

Post by GARY C »

sanfordandson wrote: Fri Apr 06, 2018 9:45 pm
GARY C wrote: Fri Apr 06, 2018 9:37 pm
No thanks, I'm not a liberal. I prefer people make their own way in life....
Could have fooled me.
Please Note!
THE ABOVE POST IN NO WAY REFLECTS THE VIEWS OF SPEED TALK OR IT'S MEMBERS AND SHOULD BE VIEWED AS ENTERTAINMENT ONLY...Thanks, The Management!
sanfordandson
Guru
Guru

Post by sanfordandson »

GARY C wrote: Fri Apr 06, 2018 9:53 pm
Could have fooled me.
Work harder, be successful, and buy a quality machine. I did. :mrgreen:
GARY C
HotPass
HotPass

Post by GARY C »

sanfordandson wrote: Fri Apr 06, 2018 9:59 pm
GARY C wrote: Fri Apr 06, 2018 9:53 pm
Could have fooled me.
Work harder, be successful, and buy a quality machine. I did. :mrgreen:
I work 4 hours a week if I need to or not, cash only no debt but I am not paying more than needed to mow 30 minutes a week, 6 mnths out of the year.
Please Note!
Dave Koehler
Vendor

Post by Dave Koehler »

Sandy, You need to go back to your favorite forum. Your idea of discussion is not appreciated here.
FWIW that price in the picture is about average for that size of mower.
Dave Koehler - Koehler Injection
Enderle Fuel Injection - Nitrous Charger - Balancing - Nitrous Master software
http://www.koehlerinjection.com
"Never let a race car know that you are in a hurry."
GARY C
HotPass
HotPass

Post by GARY C »

Dave Koehler wrote: Fri Apr 06, 2018 10:06 pm Sandy, You need to go back to your favorite forum. Your idea of discussion is not appreciated here.
FWIW that price in the picture is about average for that size of mower.
I find it funny that they put auto sensor halogen lights on a lawn mower, so far I like the forward reverse hydro drive what ever thingy, I just hope it lasts or I will have to learn something new in the mower repair wold. :)
Please Note!
Dave Koehler
Vendor

Post by Dave Koehler »

Gary, that every now and then "weak" starter may be attributed to a lousy ground. If it was old I would say the cables need changed but that's doubtful.

Mow quality.
Read up on how to adjust the deck. Those floating decks adjusted for height front and back as well as side to side correctly work fine.
Bet that was never done during assembly. Dealer is a maybe. Big Box store purchased. no chance,
GARY C
HotPass
HotPass

Post by GARY C »

Dave Koehler wrote: Fri Apr 06, 2018 11:01 pm Gary, that every now and then "weak" starter may be attributed to a lousy ground. If it was old I would say the cables need changed but that's doubtful.

Mow quality.
Read up on how to adjust the deck. Those floating decks adjusted for height front and back as well as side to side correctly work fine.
Bet that was never done during assembly. Dealer is a maybe. Big Box store purchased. no chance,
Yes, I am going to go back over all the wiring on it now it now, I looked over it when I first got it to make sure nothing was loose, missing or unlevel... the cut is not an uneven issue, it knocks the grass down instead of cutting it off at the center of the 2 blades.

My issue is that I only bought a new mower because I wanted something I could get on, start and mow without having to do pre flight maintenance. It has to really suck for someone that has to finance one of these and does not have the tools or ability to work on it.

One of the issues I have seen with the newer mowers and fuel issues is that the fuel shut off solenoid allows the fuel passages above to dry out and dry fuel leaves a residue, my older mowers that did not have this sat out side uncovered through the winter and never had an issue, I have a tiller that has sat for 2 years with the same gas and will start on the 3rd pull.

The one used mower I had with this feature as well as my girlfriends has needed cleaning and it is usually the same thing, the bowl area that is wet is fine but the jetting above is dried out with crusty residue. It is probably best to stat them one a mnth during winter mnths as oppose to letting them dry out or draining them.
Please Note!
tresi
Pro
Pro

Post by tresi »

Kevin Johnson wrote: Mon Apr 02, 2018 4:24 pm Remove the bowl on the carb and spray it out with carb cleaner as well as the jets. If it doesn't have a valve in the gas line then add one and close it before shut down each time and let the engine run out of gas. Very common problem (on the last several riding and push mowers over the past 20-30 years, including a John Deere). The additives in modern gas drop out of solution when the gas evaporates and do not redissolve. This clogs the jets. A battery tender addresses the other issue.
Buy a new gasket/o-ring which ever they call it before you pull the bowl off. A guy used to get years out of those things nowdays they fall apart as soon as the gas evaporates off of it.
GARY C
HotPass
HotPass

Post by GARY C »

tresi wrote: Sat Apr 07, 2018 12:16 am
Kevin Johnson wrote: Mon Apr 02, 2018 4:24 pm Remove the bowl on the carb and spray it out with carb cleaner as well as the jets. If it doesn't have a valve in the gas line then add one and close it before shut down each time and let the engine run out of gas. Very common problem (on the last several riding and push mowers over the past 20-30 years, including a John Deere). The additives in modern gas drop out of solution when the gas evaporates and do not redissolve. This clogs the jets. A battery tender addresses the other issue.
Buy a new gasket/o-ring which ever they call it before you pull the bowl off. A guy used to get years out of those things nowdays they fall apart as soon as the gas evaporates off of it.
The one on mine is I believe an o ring fixed up in a groove on the body, the old gasket ones I always just made my own out of a left over gasket from an engine or carb kit laying around.
Please Note!
sanfordandson
Guru
Guru

Post by sanfordandson »

Dave Koehler wrote: Fri Apr 06, 2018 10:06 pm FWIW that price in the picture is about average for that size of mower.
Yes like we said, he bought a cheap unit. Dont expect alot.

It was clear from the first post Gary didnt want a discussion. No questions were asked. It was just a crybaby post.

Man up and fix it and buy better quality next time.
Dave Koehler
Vendor

Post by Dave Koehler »

GARY C wrote: Fri Apr 06, 2018 11:18 pm
Dave Koehler wrote: Fri Apr 06, 2018 11:01 pm Mow quality.
cut is not an uneven issue, it knocks the grass down instead of cutting it off at the center of the 2 blades.
Center of the blade? Not sure that makes sense. Either way, deck adjustment is critical to mow quality unless your blades are upside down.
Right now I am guessing the front to back tilt is fubar.
Kevin Johnson
HotPass
HotPass

Post by Kevin Johnson »

GARY C wrote: I find it funny that they put auto sensor halogen lights on a lawn mower, so far I like the forward reverse hydro drive what ever thingy, I just hope it lasts or I will have to learn something new in the mower repair wold. :)
Don't try to use it as an N-series tractor -- you should be fine.
Driving Force Online: BREAKING NEWS—Ohio Governor Signs SEMA-Supported Vehicle Freedom Bill Into Law!
GARY C
HotPass
HotPass

Post by GARY C »

Dave Koehler wrote: Sun Apr 08, 2018 10:24 am
GARY C wrote: Fri Apr 06, 2018 11:18 pm
Dave Koehler wrote: Fri Apr 06, 2018 11:01 pm Mow quality.
cut is not an uneven issue, it knocks the grass down instead of cutting it off at the center of the 2 blades.
Center of the blade? Not sure that makes sense. Either way, deck adjustment is critical to mow quality unless your blades are upside down.
Right now I am guessing the front to back tilt is fubar.
I should have said center of deck where the two blades would intersect. I will look at the front back adjust. My mail man had bought a zero turn and found that if you try to raise the deck for a thick lawn it makes the cut crappy and he continually sent his to the shop only to be told that he needs to cut his lawn short if he wants a nice cut.

The same with mine, if I try to cut my lawn at the height I have done for 20 years with used mowers the Cub does not do a good job.
Please Note!