A shock...2018 Engine Masters thread

Open

Moderator: Team

JonKaase
Pro
Pro
Posts: 267
Joined: Mon Nov 20, 2006 8:24 pm

A shock...2018 Engine Masters thread

Post by JonKaase » Sat Mar 17, 2018 10:01 pm

What a surprise. Didn't think it would come back. Does anyone know the entries for the Race Engine Challenge? ...Kaase

Walter R. Malik
Guru
Guru
Posts: 3970
Joined: Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:15 am
Location: Roseville, Michigan (just north of Detroit)
Contact:

Re: A shock...2018 Engine Masters thread

Post by Walter R. Malik » Mon Mar 19, 2018 10:33 am

This time the Engine Masters will be in northeast Ohio, Jon.

Know anybody there ??? :wink:
http://www.rmcompetition.com
Specialty engine building at its finest.

midnightbluS10
Pro
Pro
Posts: 446
Joined: Sun Oct 20, 2013 8:41 am

Re: A shock...2018 Engine Masters thread

Post by midnightbluS10 » Tue Mar 20, 2018 4:17 am

You going to enter for 2018, Jon? Looking forward to seeing what you put out.

Keith Morganstein
Guru
Guru
Posts: 5312
Joined: Sun Feb 19, 2006 10:19 am
Location: MA

Re: A shock...2018 Engine Masters thread

Post by Keith Morganstein » Wed Mar 21, 2018 9:23 pm

JonKaase wrote:
Sat Mar 17, 2018 10:01 pm
What a surprise. Didn't think it would come back. Does anyone know the entries for the Race Engine Challenge? ...Kaase
Gregory wrote:
Mon Mar 19, 2018 2:15 pm
The following is the list of the competitors for the www.RaceEngineChallenge.com :

- RM Competition Randy Malik SBF/SVO
- Lendall Caverly Pontiac
- Griffin Motorsports Joe Griffin SBC/15*
- Griffin Motorsports Joe Griffin BBC
- Hammerhead Performance Engines Greg Brown SBF/Hemi
- Hinkle Performance Engines Buck Hinkle SB2
- Raceheads & Dyno Geeks Carlos Aghbashian Stephen Momette GenIII Hemi
- Semco Performance Michael Semchee Pontiac/Kauffman
- Corey Short SBM/W2
- TPIS Clay Witt LS3
- Vaseleniuck Engine Development Dave Vaseleniuck SB2
- Vaseleniuck Engine Development Derick Vaseleniuck Lawrence Shaw Olds/Ultra Pro
- Valley Performance Jack Barna John Lehone SBM/Edelbrock
- Terry Walters Precision Engines Terry Walters David Vizard SBF/D3
- WCH Racing Engines Jammie Wells LS/SBC Hybrid/Brodix
- WCH Racing Engines Jammie Wells SBC/Brodix Head Hunter

Mark McKeown, Titus Performance had a bad fire in his shop and had to drop out. We let Mark know
that if he can get things back together we would always make room for him.
Greg Finnicna
Charlotte, NC
-
-
_
Automotive Machining, cylinder head rebuilding, engine building. Old school shop, semi-retired moonlighter. Can't seem to quit #-o

Keith Morganstein
Guru
Guru
Posts: 5312
Joined: Sun Feb 19, 2006 10:19 am
Location: MA

Re: A shock...2018 Engine Masters thread

Post by Keith Morganstein » Wed Mar 21, 2018 9:26 pm

http://www.hotrod.com/events/engine-masters-challenge/
AMSOIL ENGINE MASTERS CHALLENGE!

The 2018 AMSOIL Engine Masters Challenge (EMC) will take place October 1st through October 5th at the corporate headquarters of JE Pistons in Mentor, Ohio.
Interestingly, it’s not dead
Automotive Machining, cylinder head rebuilding, engine building. Old school shop, semi-retired moonlighter. Can't seem to quit #-o

JonKaase
Pro
Pro
Posts: 267
Joined: Mon Nov 20, 2006 8:24 pm

Re: A shock...2018 Engine Masters thread

Post by JonKaase » Wed Mar 21, 2018 10:00 pm

Thanks for posting Keith. It looks like Greg has a good show with some really talented people. I didn't want to do his event because I would have to had bought everything new and start over with some really expensive stuff. More or less An Australian Pro Stock 1200 Hp engine with the right lifter size. Bob Book is the one who should have done it.

I was content with the Engine Masters being not renewed and winning the last one. Now it's like WTF!!, it is on again? I couldn't believe it when someone sent me the news article where it has new life.

I talked with Steve Dulsich and I think he is the Tech guy. At least he is refining the rules. But not much. He said Lonnie is back and I hope CJ and Adger. Looks like they're getting the Band back together. I think Patrick Walsh is hunting up sponsors. I hope they can get enough entries. But there's quite a few like Royce and me that still have last years engine just sitting around! Kaase

JonKaase
Pro
Pro
Posts: 267
Joined: Mon Nov 20, 2006 8:24 pm

Re: A shock...2018 Engine Masters thread

Post by JonKaase » Sat Mar 24, 2018 9:20 am

the rules are out, @ Hot Rod. Looks like they are trying for big money in both classes.

ALKYAL
Expert
Expert
Posts: 506
Joined: Mon Aug 10, 2009 10:11 pm
Location: OHIO

Re: A shock...2018 Engine Masters thread

Post by ALKYAL » Sat Mar 24, 2018 7:44 pm

Didnt know that Wiseco-J.E.-Diamond had any Dyno Facilites. Come on Home Jon and visit some of your OLD friends.
Some people are so stupid that they dont even know it! - by a famous Hillbilly

Raceheads.ca
New Member
New Member
Posts: 46
Joined: Fri Dec 18, 2009 9:04 pm
Location: St. Andrews ON. Canada

Re: A shock...2018 Engine Masters thread

Post by Raceheads.ca » Mon Mar 26, 2018 11:11 pm

Shocking is an understatement! We were told there would be no EMC for 2018 at PRI. This a totally confusing. Question is: Why do we have to find this out on speed talk? Was it supposed to be a secret invitation only?

Our team would have liked to go but there’s one major problem. The dates clash with Race Engine Challenge! Greg has worked hard for this to happen. We are not not letting him down. I’m sure the other competitors feel the same way.
My feeling is EMC will have very few competitors this year, unless they change the date.

User avatar
RAMM
Expert
Expert
Posts: 525
Joined: Wed May 30, 2007 2:33 pm
Location: Ontario, Canada
Contact:

Re: A shock...2018 Engine Masters thread

Post by RAMM » Tue Mar 27, 2018 8:20 am

We are submitting an application and looking forward to attending at the new venue. With the $$$$ on the line I'm sure there will be a full field. J.Rob
New and improved website under construction.Check the blog for relevant info
http://skmfxengines.blogspot.com/

JonKaase
Pro
Pro
Posts: 267
Joined: Mon Nov 20, 2006 8:24 pm

Re: A shock...2018 Engine Masters thread

Post by JonKaase » Tue Mar 27, 2018 9:23 am

I talked to Dulsich, The rules have a few misprints, mostly in Muscle Car. Steel roller cams OK. Smaller than 11/32 valve stems ok. All run at 3500-7000, both big block and small. Gen 3 Hemi and LS need one distributor and one coil. They just pasted the changes and missed the other stuff. Vintage is back to aftermarket heads, aluminum ok. Kaase

Walter R. Malik
Guru
Guru
Posts: 3970
Joined: Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:15 am
Location: Roseville, Michigan (just north of Detroit)
Contact:

Re: A shock...2018 Engine Masters thread

Post by Walter R. Malik » Tue Mar 27, 2018 8:39 pm

JonKaase wrote:
Tue Mar 27, 2018 9:23 am
I talked to Dulsich, The rules have a few misprints, mostly in Muscle Car. Steel roller cams OK. Smaller than 11/32 valve stems ok. All run at 3500-7000, both big block and small. Gen 3 Hemi and LS need one distributor and one coil. They just pasted the changes and missed the other stuff. Vintage is back to aftermarket heads, aluminum ok. Kaase
Time for that 371 Olds, Jon.
http://www.rmcompetition.com
Specialty engine building at its finest.

Olds455
New Member
New Member
Posts: 19
Joined: Thu Mar 29, 2018 8:18 pm

Re: A shock...2018 Engine Masters thread

Post by Olds455 » Sat Mar 31, 2018 5:40 am

Raceheads.ca wrote:
Mon Mar 26, 2018 11:11 pm
Shocking is an understatement! We were told there would be no EMC for 2018 at PRI. This a totally confusing. Question is: Why do we have to find this out on speed talk? Was it supposed to be a secret invitation only?

Our team would have liked to go but there’s one major problem. The dates clash with Race Engine Challenge! Greg has worked hard for this to happen. We are not not letting him down. I’m sure the other competitors feel the same way.
My feeling is EMC will have very few competitors this year, unless they change the date.

Because someone from Speedtalk happened to see the announcement and posted it here. It's not hidden. They put it out for all to see.

Why only a few? Do the same set of guys sign up for Emc every year and this year they're all signed up at the other one? So no one else ever signs up? Just the people at Speedtalk? Is there never any alternates or people/teams that wanted to but didn't get in? Or is it always the same 10 or 15 guys every year and that's it? Are those 10 or 15 all reg'd at the new competition? And no one else wants to compete?

Walter R. Malik
Guru
Guru
Posts: 3970
Joined: Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:15 am
Location: Roseville, Michigan (just north of Detroit)
Contact:

Re: A shock...2018 Engine Masters thread

Post by Walter R. Malik » Sat Mar 31, 2018 11:06 am

Olds455 wrote:
Sat Mar 31, 2018 5:40 am
Raceheads.ca wrote:
Mon Mar 26, 2018 11:11 pm
Shocking is an understatement! We were told there would be no EMC for 2018 at PRI. This a totally confusing. Question is: Why do we have to find this out on speed talk? Was it supposed to be a secret invitation only?

Our team would have liked to go but there’s one major problem. The dates clash with Race Engine Challenge! Greg has worked hard for this to happen. We are not not letting him down. I’m sure the other competitors feel the same way.
My feeling is EMC will have very few competitors this year, unless they change the date.

Because someone from Speedtalk happened to see the announcement and posted it here. It's not hidden. They put it out for all to see.

Why only a few? Do the same set of guys sign up for Emc every year and this year they're all signed up at the other one? So no one else ever signs up? Just the people at Speedtalk? Is there never any alternates or people/teams that wanted to but didn't get in? Or is it always the same 10 or 15 guys every year and that's it? Are those 10 or 15 all reg'd at the new competition? And no one else wants to compete?
In the beginning, there were more entries than available contestant positions in the contest.
Later on, it became a difficulty to fill all the positions available so, the positions available kept reducing.

For this year's competition it is 20 engines and I remember when there were 50 positions and people still not getting the acceptance.

I would think they should get 20 entries
http://www.rmcompetition.com
Specialty engine building at its finest.

JonKaase
Pro
Pro
Posts: 267
Joined: Mon Nov 20, 2006 8:24 pm

Re: A shock...2018 Engine Masters thread

Post by JonKaase » Sat Mar 31, 2018 2:01 pm

The EMC lost 6 to 8 good teams to the Race Engine Challenge. I hope there are entries to fill it up. It seems like a late start but a few years were into May before we had final rules, etc. The TEN network guys are trying to get the money way up for winning and hopefully better magazine coverage.

Post Reply