Page 1 of 1

New Medicare cards protect your personal information

Posted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:57 am
by Ken0069
New Medicare cards protect your personal information

https://blog.medicare.gov/2018/01/25/ne ... formation/
Starting in April 2018, Medicare will mail new Medicare cards to all people with Medicare, to help protect you from identity fraud. Fraudsters are always looking for ways to get your Social Security Number so we’re removing Social Security Numbers from all Medicare cards to make them safer.

Your new card will have a new Medicare Number that’s unique to you. The new card will help protect your identity and keep your personal information more secure. Your Medicare coverage and benefits stay the same.

And there’s more good news—Medicare will automatically mail your new card at no cost to the address you have on file with Social Security. There’s nothing you need to do! If you need to update your official mailing address, visit your online my Social Security account.

Once you get your new Medicare card, take these 3 steps to make it harder for someone to steal your information and identity:

1. Destroy your old Medicare card right away.

2. Use your new card. Doctors, other health care providers, and plans approved by Medicare know that Medicare is replacing the old cards. They are ready to accept your new card when you need care.

3. Beware of people contacting you about your new Medicare card and asking you for your Medicare Number, personal information, or to pay a fee for your new card. Treat your Medicare Number like you treat your Social Security or credit card numbers. Remember, Medicare will never contact you uninvited to ask for your personal information.


For more information about your new Medicare card, visit go.medicare.gov/newcard. You can also visit Medicare.gov for tips to prevent Medicare fraud.

Re: New Medicare cards protect your personal information

Posted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:13 pm
by Walter R. Malik
They won't include your social security number is all that I understand.

Re: New Medicare cards protect your personal information

Posted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 7:41 pm
by j-c-c
Call it what it is, It's a "socialism ID card", for those in denial =D> .

Re: New Medicare cards protect your personal information

Posted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 11:27 pm
by Walter R. Malik
j-c-c wrote:
Tue Mar 20, 2018 7:41 pm
Call it what it is, It's a "socialism ID card", for those in denial =D> .
DENIAL for what? ... let Uncle Sam write me a check right now to simply return all the money I put in social security over the years, along with the interest, and I will be satisfied with getting nothing else.

Some people really have no clue... :roll:

Re: New Medicare cards protect your personal information

Posted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 10:11 am
by sanfordandson
Walter R. Malik wrote:
Tue Mar 20, 2018 11:27 pm
j-c-c wrote:
Tue Mar 20, 2018 7:41 pm
Call it what it is, It's a "socialism ID card", for those in denial =D> .
DENIAL for what? ... let Uncle Sam write me a check right now to simply return all the money I put in social security over the years, along with the interest, and I will be satisfied with getting nothing else.

Some people really have no clue... :roll:
Our country can't afford that...we are sinking deeply in debt.

Thats how socialism works. sorry....

Re: New Medicare cards protect your personal information

Posted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 11:32 am
by Walter R. Malik
sanfordandson wrote:
Wed Mar 21, 2018 10:11 am
Walter R. Malik wrote:
Tue Mar 20, 2018 11:27 pm
j-c-c wrote:
Tue Mar 20, 2018 7:41 pm
Call it what it is, It's a "socialism ID card", for those in denial =D> .
DENIAL for what? ... let Uncle Sam write me a check right now to simply return all the money I put in social security over the years, along with the interest, and I will be satisfied with getting nothing else.

Some people really have no clue... :roll:
Our country can't afford that...we are sinking deeply in debt.

Thats how socialism works. sorry....
So, why would anyone refer to that card as a "socialism ID card" and think that those of us with them are in DENIAL...? I am certainly not taking any money from anyone else because of it.

Re: New Medicare cards protect your personal information

Posted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 1:43 pm
by sanfordandson
Walter R. Malik wrote:
Wed Mar 21, 2018 11:32 am


So, why would anyone refer to that card as a "socialism ID card" and think that those of us with them are in DENIAL...? I am certainly not taking any money from anyone else because of it.
Have you kept track of all of your Medicare deductions throughout the years and compared them to expenses to make sure your not "taking from anybody else"?

Re: New Medicare cards protect your personal information

Posted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 3:49 pm
by Walter R. Malik
sanfordandson wrote:
Wed Mar 21, 2018 1:43 pm
Walter R. Malik wrote:
Wed Mar 21, 2018 11:32 am


So, why would anyone refer to that card as a "socialism ID card" and think that those of us with them are in DENIAL...? I am certainly not taking any money from anyone else because of it.
Have you kept track of all of your Medicare deductions throughout the years and compared them to expenses to make sure your not "taking from anybody else"?
My Medicare costs have been $00.00; yes, I am sure.
You probably don't understand any of this because you are just another "liberal" idiot. They still take money from my social security every month for a Medicare payment, whether I use the Medicare or not.

Trying to educate the uninformed seems just asinine so, I am done here.

Re: New Medicare cards protect your personal information

Posted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 3:06 am
by midnightbluS10
j-c-c wrote:
Tue Mar 20, 2018 7:41 pm
Call it what it is, It's a "socialism ID card", for those in denial =D> .
LOL. Are you on Crack?

Re: New Medicare cards protect your personal information

Posted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 4:06 pm
by sanfordandson
Walter R. Malik wrote:
Wed Mar 21, 2018 3:49 pm

My Medicare costs have been $00.00; yes, I am sure.
You probably don't understand any of this because you are just another "liberal" idiot. They still take money from my social security every month for a Medicare payment, whether I use the Medicare or not.

Trying to educate the uninformed seems just asinine so, I am done here.
You made to many wrong ASSumptions was where you went wrong. #-o [-X

Re: New Medicare cards protect your personal information

Posted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 6:12 pm
by Walter R. Malik
sanfordandson wrote:
Thu Mar 22, 2018 4:06 pm
Walter R. Malik wrote:
Wed Mar 21, 2018 3:49 pm

My Medicare costs have been $00.00; yes, I am sure.
You probably don't understand any of this because you are just another "liberal" idiot. They still take money from my social security every month for a Medicare payment, whether I use the Medicare or not.

Trying to educate the uninformed seems just asinine so, I am done here.
You made to many wrong ASSumptions was where you went wrong. #-o [-X
Not at all ... but, you sure did.

Re: New Medicare cards protect your personal information

Posted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:45 pm
by sanfordandson
Walter R. Malik wrote:
Thu Mar 22, 2018 6:12 pm
Not at all ... but, you sure did.
You are incorrect again...twice in a row. Go for a hat trick?

Re: New Medicare cards protect your personal information

Posted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:59 pm
by j-c-c
Walter R. Malik wrote:
Wed Mar 21, 2018 3:49 pm
sanfordandson wrote:
Wed Mar 21, 2018 1:43 pm
Walter R. Malik wrote:
Wed Mar 21, 2018 11:32 am


So, why would anyone refer to that card as a "socialism ID card" and think that those of us with them are in DENIAL...? I am certainly not taking any money from anyone else because of it.
Have you kept track of all of your Medicare deductions throughout the years and compared them to expenses to make sure your not "taking from anybody else"?
My Medicare costs have been $00.00; yes, I am sure.
You probably don't understand any of this because you are just another "liberal" idiot. They still take money from my social security every month for a Medicare payment, whether I use the Medicare or not.

Trying to educate the uninformed seems just asinine so, I am done here.

I am sorry you are done here. Medicare is pure "socialism", saying otherwise is denial or delusional, take your pick. The hypocrisy is many here use the "socialist" label at the drop of a hat to disparage those they disagree with, and yet this country has more "socialist" programs then you can count. Hate socialism all you want, but at least don't deny you and many others are benefiting from it. Saying you paid as an excuse for it means you have little understanding of the actual numbers, and based on your replies here, and lack of reasoned questions, your only hope for clarity in my eyes, is do yourself some research, from a number of sources, you might be surprised, and might change your position. It was a very effective con from the get go, that has helped a lot of people.

Re: New Medicare cards protect your personal information

Posted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 8:35 pm
by exhaustgases
SS and medicare is just fine if its not wasted on anyone that is not at retirement age or disabled and has not worked a day in the US. And using the inability to not speak English should not be a considered disability, <------ that is where the problem is, and why its all in such a mess.