Any good ideas for what brought the trees down?

Open to topics unrelated to Speed-Talk.
No politics. No religion topics.

Moderator: Team

pdq67
Guru
Guru
Re: Any good ideas for what brought the trees down?

Post by pdq67 »

South Columbia, MO has a very narrow corridor that runs SW to NE in the SE corner of town and then goes on over to another neighborhood and then on out into the County.

And if you take the time to look at some of the trees in this corridor, you will see indications on their trunks and limbs of massive twisting due to gusts of high winds!

The house we live in now got hit late one night by what I call, for want of a better description, a, "micro-burst".. About 2:00 AM.

We lost over a 100 shingles in two spots and when it hit, I thought a grenade went off and we had lost the roof above our garage and the above family and living room.

Like I said, this is just probably a 100 to 150 yard wide, "narrow", corridor.

One time a wind/tornado(?) started on Nifong/old Rte AC, tore up several houses, jumped over our place and got the corner of a steel building in an Industrial Park, then went on over to our old neighborhood and lifted the roof off a split foyer and threw it on top of a guys new P/U a 1/2 a block away. This was just a block north over the hill in front of our old house!

Then it went on NE and hit a small metal building warehouse as I was commuting home from Mexico, MO on I-70. I got off at Rte Z as it went over the top of me!! Got home and Channel-8 TV was at our house because we all were standing out front because the power was off. I got interviewed and was on the weather news that evening.

Talk about a hell of an evening!

BTTT, I bet that something like this happened to the big trees, but it was a much larger, "micro-burst"!!

Now, TFH crap!! Can HAARP cause stuff like this? Think about it for a bit..

pdq67
lefty o
Guru
Guru

Post by lefty o »

wind will snap trees like that, right down near the ground where they are the thickest. just happens to be how the leverage works when the wind bends em over.
pdq67
Guru
Guru

Post by pdq67 »

Way back in the early '80's, MO had a very wet warm late winter and spring, way more so than usual.

Anyway, a ground level wind shear hit town and actually up-rooted BIG Trees!

L:aid them over with their root-ball's out of the ground!

The town was pretty-much at a stand still because of the trees across all the streets everywhere in town! It took several days to clean the mess up!!

pdq67