No politics. No religion topics.

Moderator: Team

midnightbluS10
Expert
Expert

Re: NHRA new Pro Stock format....

Post by midnightbluS10 »

Ken0069 wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2018 5:00 am
427dart wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2018 11:45 am Just plain crazy now that racers can use ANY engine in ANY brand body. Why don't they just kill it and get it over with!
Wasn't aware of this but it's not surprising since funny car has had a similar rule for a long, long time now. And yes, this new rule killed it for me!
Why did it kill it for you? Nothing changed except the rule :-k

That's like saying you like this year of car but don't like the next year even though it's the exact same car and the only difference is how they routed the exhaust.
JC -

bigjoe1 wrote:By the way, I had a long talk with Harold(Brookshire) last year at the PRI show. We met at the airport and he told me everything he knew about everything.It was a nice visit. JOE SHERMAN RACING
midnightbluS10
Expert
Expert

Re: NHRA new Pro Stock format....

Post by midnightbluS10 »

MichaelThompson wrote: Fri Mar 02, 2018 12:48 pm
Alan Roehrich wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2018 6:16 am Currently, it has nothing to do with weight breaks,or who is the current "official vehicle of NHRA".

Simple facts, neither Ford, nor Chrysler, has been willing to spend any money, or work with anyone, to build a competitive Pro Stock cylinder head. Most often, anyone who was foolish enough to race for either of them was screwed over by them. Say what you will, but those two have been screwing their racers for decades, especially in drag racing. Chevrolet has been willing to spend money on a cylinder head and a block, when the other two simply won't. And anyone who can write the check can buy the Chevrolet parts.

The problem now is that, if it doesn't have a blower, run nitromethane, or nitrous, NHRA doesn't give a damn about promoting it. They care about Top Fuel, Funny Car, the alcohol classes, and Pro Mod. The rest of us are simply time fillers, and cash cows.
Allen I respectfully disagree with this in a certain way. Ford spent a ton of money with John Force Racing and the Medlen Project.

When it came time to do their own motor the NHRA pretty much snubbed them.

That was the beginning of the end for Ford in Funny Car.

The NHRA don't want anything but spec cars and personalities they can promote for their "show".

My opinion of course.
You don't know what "spec" means, do you? Nothing about pro stock is spec, or they'd all have the same exact heads with the same exact ports and the same exact intakes with the same exact runners and the same exact everything. In fact, it's nothing like that. They start with similar parts and modify them to THEIR OWN specs.

So how is that spec anything when there's no general spec for them all to follow?
JC -

bigjoe1 wrote:By the way, I had a long talk with Harold(Brookshire) last year at the PRI show. We met at the airport and he told me everything he knew about everything.It was a nice visit. JOE SHERMAN RACING