ancestryDNA

Open

Moderator: Team

exhaustgases
Guru
Guru

Re: ancestryDNA

Post by exhaustgases » Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:39 am

Its like everything else, everyone gives out their privacy to places that we all have no idea what the real purpose is. And we pay to do it.
What a super brilliant way to spy on everyone, and get their dna and what ever else.

And about the cell phone, just because you switch it off doesn't mean its off. Also it can be powered on with no batteries needed, just like a chip in a dogs neck.

hoodeng

Post by hoodeng » Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:52 am

I quite regularly leave my phone at home , i have not purchased alcohol with a credit card for years .

pdq67
Guru
Guru

Post by pdq67 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:47 pm

hoodeng wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:52 am
I quite regularly leave my phone at home , i have not purchased alcohol with a credit card for years .
THEY can't trace OR access your cellphone if it is in a, "Faraday Cage", right?

And right about buying booze using cash! No traceable ID input as I see it!

That's what gets me about EBT cards or whatever they are!

Our f** Gov. can find out just what those on the f** DOLE buy, so if they buy the wrong shit, then pull the f** CARD!!

pdq67

hoodeng

Post by hoodeng » Fri Jan 12, 2018 7:34 pm

Who would have thought a 2"x3" piece of plastic ,a phone and online presence would give as much specific information about us as a DNA test does in another aspect?
When pretty much all of your activity ,life ,association and location can be viewed when a person in a position of digital access just presses enter once your name is highlighted ,no footwork or sleuth skill required. My take on it is that the systems used to store our activities is not as secure as the holders of our information tell us and the future of digital security even today is tenuous at best.
The biggest problem for governments is how to use information it can access without looking intrusive to the average citizen ,if information was publicly used to out welfare recipient fraud , it would take nothing for the law abiding citizen to realize the same scrutiny will be applied to them .

We are told "if you are not doing anything wrong you have nothing to fear" this may be true, but the idea of faceless individuals trawling my life looking for a grain to trip me up on, I'm afraid this concerns me.
Who knows what new laws in the future we are breaking now or whether scrutiny would be applied retrospectively to comply with those laws,we have supplied all the information anyway.
The DNA screen? i would have to say if i knew the information would be mine only i would be intrigued to have a look ,i know of three nationality lineages in my ancestry as it is! I'm a bit of a mixed bag.
In the 70's mum and dad paid for a heraldry search to find the family 'coat of arms' ,,,,,well,,,,, my opinion was the heraldry search company made some easy money ,but we did end up with a 'coat of arms' ! with my last name being associated with the clothing trade meant the shield had cloth stuff and some blue and white Cris cross mumbo jumbo happening on it ,for the life of me i could not envision an army division charging into battle with that held at the vanguard.

Cheers.

j-c-c
Guru
Guru

Post by j-c-c » Sat Jan 13, 2018 6:05 am

"if you are not doing anything wrong you have nothing to fear"

Because its a nice and warm thought to blindly believe all enforcement professional's only concern is about fairness and justice, its really about just getting a conviction for a crime at hand by the easiest way for them, you then find yourself having to prove yourself innocent against circumstantial evidence collected by large data mining from all the sources described above. You may not have to fear being guilty, but you should fear being able to prove being innocent every time. Been there done that.

woody b
Guru
Guru

Post by woody b » Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:05 pm

Pdq, did you get the results yet. We all want to know
I used to be a people person, but people ruined it.

hoodeng

Post by hoodeng » Sat Jan 13, 2018 7:14 pm

I don't think the '23 and me' test would cover me,, there appear to be some missing colours at the bottom of the box, is there another test more comprehensive ?. I'm wondering if i have neanderthal roots? at least my wife seems to think so.

Cheers.

pdq67
Guru
Guru

Post by pdq67 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:10 pm

woody,

I haven't sent it in yet, only because I am a lazy bastard is all.

pdq67

Kenova
Pro
Pro

Post by Kenova » Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:06 pm

hoodeng wrote:
Sat Jan 13, 2018 7:14 pm
I'm wondering if i have neanderthal roots? at least my wife seems to think so.

Cheers.
Welcome to the club. :lol:

Ken
Over the hill but still learning!
Retaining it is the hard part.

hoodeng

Post by hoodeng » Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:29 pm

Damn!! I was hoping to be Utopian or Atlantis descended at least!

Cheers.

exhaustgases
Guru
Guru

Post by exhaustgases » Sun Jan 14, 2018 5:58 pm

j-c-c wrote:
Sat Jan 13, 2018 6:05 am
"if you are not doing anything wrong you have nothing to fear"

Because its a nice and warm thought to blindly believe all enforcement professional's only concern is about fairness and justice, its really about just getting a conviction for a crime at hand by the easiest way for them, you then find yourself having to prove yourself innocent against circumstantial evidence collected by large data mining from all the sources described above. You may not have to fear being guilty, but you should fear being able to prove being innocent every time. Been there done that.
We see it happening all the time on TV shows and movies. Anyone could be setup, and it all being a huge lie. In this modern electronic day your conversation can be made into something it is not. And your computer can be taken over and end up with stuff you didn't know was on it. So someone else can do the "anything wrong" for you. Then what?

hoodeng

Post by hoodeng » Sun Jan 14, 2018 8:08 pm

Not to mention 'Photo Shop", probably the biggest abuse of reality. A few years ago here ,there were photos being printed in the press of what a group of people with those not present 'shopped in' would look like if all were present for the photo shoot ,,sounds like a great idea having all participants of a given cause, group or association being all included in a photo for prosperity ,, but the image printed did not happen in reality ,the photo is not an accurate record of that moment in time.The practice now seems to have waned , i thought it was the journalist's creed to only report verbatim.

Consider the idea of cutting the article and the disclaimer off the photo shopped photo but keeping the masthead and date attached .We now have a printed record of an event that never occurred .

Cheers.

exhaustgases
Guru
Guru

Post by exhaustgases » Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:24 pm

Just remember innocent people have been imprisoned for years. AND THEY DID NOTHING WRONG. So that kinda blows all that out of the water.
A better saying would be. Don't trust any modern snoopy device.

midnightbluS10
Pro
Pro

Post by midnightbluS10 » Wed Jan 24, 2018 1:52 am

pdq67 wrote:
Mon Jan 01, 2018 8:32 pm
Anybody done it?

Or have I missed a thread about it?

My Daughter gave it to me for an Xmas present, should I tell her to send it back and get her money back or do it?

Oh, how much does the package/kit cost?

pdq67
My grandmother did it. It traced our ancestry back to before we came to America. Told about where our bloodline came from, whether it was Eastern European, German, etc... It was extremely informative if that's the one she did. Pretty sure it is.
J.C.

midnightbluS10
Pro
Pro

Post by midnightbluS10 » Wed Jan 24, 2018 1:55 am

exhaustgases wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:39 am
Its like everything else, everyone gives out their privacy to places that we all have no idea what the real purpose is. And we pay to do it.
What a super brilliant way to spy on everyone, and get their dna and what ever else.

And about the cell phone, just because you switch it off doesn't mean its off. Also it can be powered on with no batteries needed, just like a chip in a dogs neck.

Bullshit.
J.C.