Open to topics unrelated to Speed-Talk.
No politics. No religion topics.

Moderator: Team

lefty o
Guru
Guru
Re: Suppressed 50 BMG Rifle

Post by lefty o »

besides the suppressor, it all has to do with the load. put factory rounds or normal handloads in it, and its going to bark and breath fire, albeit less than without the can on it.
lefty o
Guru
Guru

Post by lefty o »

Ken0069 wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2017 1:58 pm
lefty o wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2017 10:42 am besides the suppressor, it all has to do with the load. put factory rounds or normal handloads in it, and its going to bark and breath fire, albeit less than without the can on it.
Yeah, the 300AAC is a 248gr cast led bullet and it's under 1100fps, which is subsonic. IIRC that BMG was listed at 1000fps on that video.

That friend who built that 300 Blackout built it as a bolt action rifle so when it goes off you don't hear the bolt movement noise either, just like with that 50 BMG.

I'm hoping that sooner or later they will do away with that $200 stamp fee for owning a suppressor. I might own one then.
agree'd, would be nice to save some of whats left of my hearing, but that $200 stamp per can is silly.
lefty o
Guru
Guru

Post by lefty o »

Ken0069 wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2017 4:19 pm
lefty o wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2017 2:39 pm agree'd, would be nice to save some of whats left of my hearing, but that $200 stamp per can is silly.
Acutally I'm legally deaf in my right ear and only have 40% left of my left ear. I wear hearing aids in both and can get by but it's not the same as "real ears" if you know what I mean.

That LR308 I built two years ago got an additional 10% of my left ear when I lit one off on the front porch chronographing a load and forgot to put the gun mufflers back on before I did that?? A WTF moment for sure. Hope I won't make that mistake again because I have precious little left.

But yeah, hearing loss is one of the major reasons that legislators were using trying to sell the changes to the suppressor requirements with the BATF&E. Not sure where that legislation is now though as that was a few months back that they were pushing it.
it died due to that jackhole that shot up las vegas.