Open to topics unrelated to Speed-Talk.
No politics. No religion topics.

Moderator: Team

pdq67
Guru
Guru
My runny nose, what to do?

Post by pdq67 »

I went bike riding yesterday, the temperature was like 40 or so? Rode about 10 to 15 miles. Sunny and not much real wind..

Anyway, now my nose won't stop running!

Been taking some, "Guaifenesin", to help it drain and hopefully dry it out. Not working??

What do I do? Can't sleep for snorting crap all night long and spitting.

I have always had BAD post nasal drip, but this is ridiculous!

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

pdq67
tresi
Pro
Pro
Re: My runny nose, what to do?

Post by tresi »

Guaifenesin will make it run more even though you may need it. I would try Antihistamines . Steroid nose sprays like Nasalcort might help you and let you stop taking antihistamines but the must be used for at lest 3 weeks to take full effect. I think Nasalcort is the spray that's available without a script. All the other sprays require a prescription. I'm on everything in the doctor's tool box and if the wind is blowing and I'm outside my nose is a content drip sometimes.
lefty o
Guru
Guru

Post by lefty o »

the gas chamber in boot camp did a pretty good job of clearing you out.
pdq67
Guru
Guru

Post by pdq67 »

Funny lefty ---

Seems the cold trigger's my nose running for some odd reason?

But I have worked in so many dirty/dusty industrial boilers, steel mill reheat furnaces and soaking pits, power plant combustion chambers and boilers, cement preheat towers, aluminum reverb melters, HAZ- WASTE Incinerators and such when I worked for AP Green refractories that more than likely my sinus membranes are screwed up which aggravates the problem.

pdq67
JohnP
Pro
Pro

Post by JohnP »

The little red Sudafed pills worked for me, but you can't get them anymore. Last time I tried, they looked at me driver's license then sold me a generic.
Thinking is hard work.
pdq67
Guru
Guru

Post by pdq67 »

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

"Cetirizine Hydrochloride Tablets"

Thanks Ken, I will try them ASAP.

Merry Christmas!

pdq67
Circlotron
Guru
Guru

Post by Circlotron »

JohnP wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2017 1:36 pm The little red Sudafed pills worked for me, but you can't get them anymore. Last time I tried, they looked at me driver's license then sold me a generic.
Sudafed contains pseudoephedrine hence the name.
Some people have been known to use it to make weird stuff.
tresi
Pro
Pro

Post by tresi »

JohnP wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2017 1:36 pm The little red Sudafed pills worked for me, but you can't get them anymore. Last time I tried, they looked at me driver's license then sold me a generic.
It is legal to get. The reason they take your drivers license is you're only allowed to have a limited amount at 1 time. They track how much you're buying and if it is more than the amount you need the sale should be denied and law enforcement notified.
pamotorman
Guru
Guru

Post by pamotorman »

While brand-name original Actifed is no longer sold in the United States, generic versions are still available. Just look for products containing 2.5 mg of triprolidine hydrochloride and 60 mg of pseudoephedrine hydrochloride. Your pharmacist can help you find a generic version of Actifed.