Open to topics unrelated to Speed-Talk.
No politics. No religion topics.

Moderator: Team

amc fan
Expert
Expert

Bob Gliden

Post by amc fan »

There is a lot of buzz on the web, and social media and' his family is asking for prayers! Anyone know what's going on?
Steve.k
Guru
Guru
Re: Bob Gliden

Post by Steve.k »

Yes heard the same. I heard awhile back he wasn't good. Hope he pulls through im definitely praying for him for sure. Hes my long time idol!!
piston guy
Guru
Guru

Post by piston guy »

Lung cancer?
Fireonthemountain
Pro
Pro

Post by Fireonthemountain »

piston guy wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:12 pm Lung cancer?
Whatever the diagnosis aging is generally the cause, but more and more they are beginning to wake up to this, and that it is the disease that causes almost all other diseases and death and they are working on a cure.
woody b
Guru
Guru

Post by woody b »

Fireonthemountain wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:38 am
piston guy wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:12 pm Lung cancer?
Whatever the diagnosis aging is generally the cause..........................................
I hope he recovers whatever it is. My Dad's 82, and basically healthy but I know his clock is ticking. Heck, all of our clocks are ticking.

My first thought when reading "cancer" and Glidden was a fuel additive he was rumored to use is reported to be a carcinogen. I'd guess he's in his early to mid 70's, so if this substance was dangerous it probably would have affected him sooner.
I used to be a people person, but people ruined it.
GARY C
HotPass
HotPass

Post by GARY C »

Could it be that he's just old and is going to do what we all do when we are old?
Sorry to be the butt head of reason but death will come to all of us at any age smokers or not, it is the one true inescapable fact of life!
Please Note!
THE ABOVE POST IN NO WAY REFLECTS THE VIEWS OF SPEED TALK OR IT'S MEMBERS AND SHOULD BE VIEWED AS ENTERTAINMENT ONLY...Thanks, The Management!
pdq67
Guru
Guru

Post by pdq67 »

Right!

The last one that was going to get out alive, a bunch of so-called Jews had him hung on a cross!

pdq67
GARY C
HotPass
HotPass

Post by GARY C »

pdq67 wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2017 7:11 pm Right!

The last one that was going to get out alive, a bunch of so-called Jews had him hung on a cross!

pdq67
If family tradition holds true i have between 1 day and 20 years left unless I get to pass the 70 mark which is ok if I am still functional.
Please Note!
THE ABOVE POST IN NO WAY REFLECTS THE VIEWS OF SPEED TALK OR IT'S MEMBERS AND SHOULD BE VIEWED AS ENTERTAINMENT ONLY...Thanks, The Management!
GARY C
HotPass
HotPass

Post by GARY C »

A good interview with Bob and early PS footage documenting his life in Drag Racing. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mr6qwGcMegM
Please Note!