Open to topics unrelated to Speed-Talk.
No politics. No religion topics.

Moderator: Team

pdq67
Guru
Guru
Hotrod article on Pete Aardema

Post by pdq67 »

Now this is what hot-rodding is REALLY all about, IMHO............

And I once a long while back e-mailed Pete asking about the SOHC SBC stock head conversion..

I saw one idling right along either over at Du Quoin IL or Springfield, MO at the annual car shows back then.

Please come on in!!

pdq67
Schurkey
HotPass
HotPass

Re: Hotrod article on Pete Aardema

Post by Schurkey »

pdq67
Guru
Guru

Post by pdq67 »

Sorry, the Jan., 2018 Hotrod issue.

pdq67
jacksoni
Guru
Guru

Post by jacksoni »

I had the opportunity to talk with Pete and his co worker both last year and this at Bonneville. Nice guys and of course very inventive. A HR article about him put me onto what I did with my engine- put an Infiniti IRL DOHC cylinder head on my Pontiac Iron Duke block. Had to mfg a cam belt drive and deal with oil and water, otherwise just filling/drilling holes in the deck and careful alignment. Made 2.45hp/ci last time on the dyno.
Newold1
Guru
Guru

Post by Newold1 »

Pete made his money in properties and development and he is a sharp inventor who PLAYS with projects over the years.
The Older I Get, The Dumber I Get :wink:
steve cowan
Guru
Guru

Post by steve cowan »

paul,
i dont have the magazine article that you are looking for sorry,
but what i can tell you as pete has been a family friend to us here in australia for 30 years,
my parents visited pete and his family on numerous occasions in LA and they all come to visit us here in brisbane australia
my father has been lucky enough to spend time at bonneville with pete ,his engineer kevin braun and driver scott goetz
my parents were at petes house when it burnt to the ground when they were hit with the californian fire storms and they barely got out with there lives,pete lost everything as in his shed which had CNC machines,all of his cars,engines,tools,billet copy of a harley davidson that he built himself,he lost everything.
well he recovered bigger and better than ever,i am sure pete is near 80 years old now but he still works 15 hrs a day plus
all that matters for him is breaking and setting speed records at bonneville in all classes
he has been in hotrod magazine,and also race engine technology magazine with different engine combinations
v12 merlin engine for power boat racing,hand built 4 clinder engines made from scrap that punch 2.5hp/ci
my dad was the first hotrod in australia to have single overhead cam set up in corvette heads on a SBC
it ran real nice and pete had designed and sold kits around the world,this guy brain does not stop,and he hand makes most of the parts required,sure he has plenty of help but you need the ideas to start any dream,
pete was at my house earlier in the year and we sat in the shed for hours chugging down coronas and shooting the breeze about lots of stuff,he is a great man with great ideas and i personally hope he lives for ever
steve c
steve c
"Pretty don't make power"