4 posts • Page 1 of 1
- Posts: 157
- Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2007 9:33 pm
My mother wants to sell her house to me. I'm an amateur when it comes to this type of thing. And she's never sold a house before so she's also an amateur. What's the first thing I need to do? What's the first step.
- Posts: 3655
- Joined: Sun Jun 05, 2005 10:25 am
- Location: Historic Appomattox County, Va
Are you going to have to finance this purchase or pay cash?
- woody b
- Posts: 1111
- Joined: Thu Jun 27, 2013 6:58 pm
I suppose like most things it varies front state to state. Here in NC I'd recommend using an attorney. There's quite a bit of paperwork. Around here's it's $200 or so for an attorney to handle it.
I used to be a people person, but people ruined it.
- Posts: 5758
- Joined: Thu Feb 15, 2007 8:43 pm
- Location: Cypress, California
It would well be worth $200 for someone to handle it. As stated all states are a little different. Best to talk to a professional in your state.