Post by Krooser »

Nice to meet you Mike...
Honored to be a member of the Luxemburg Speedway Hall of Fame Class of 2019
PackardV8
Guru
Guru

Re: PRI...who's going?

Post by PackardV8 »

CamKing wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:55 amI was nice, polite, and helpful to everyone that came by my booth. It's called, being professional.
Yes, Mike. Good to say hello and shake the hand. And 99% of those exhibiting were also professional. The 1% who weren't, why were they there? I went with a list of questions and printed RFQs. For example, there was one new-to-me supplier who seemed to have what I was looking to buy in small quantity. The obviously-in-charge was BS-ing with his three associates, ignoring me and any/all the others pausing in front. WTFIGO?

Obviously, the HNIC can't always be in the booth, but some left friends/family/distributors in there who knew less about the product than I did. At least one could pick up some literature. (I know Arias is in transition, but when I was by their booth, it wasn't looking promising.)

It was a pleasure to finally meet some of the SpeedTalk stalwarts; Mike Jones, Chris Straub, among others

And there are always a few living legends who still make the pilgrimage; Bill Miller, Billy Mitchell, Jon Kaase, et al.
Jack Vines
Studebaker-Packard V8 Limited
Obsolete Engineering
j-c-c
Guru
Guru
Re: PRI...Suggestion

Post by j-c-c »

Back from the dead, why can't ALL vendors at the show just be required to offer all their info/literature they are presenting at PRI, to PRI ( or a suitable digital vendor) in a universal digital format, by a some arbitrary deadline, before the show, to be cataloged into a single source for all the attendees? If there was a cost, it would seem to be modest, and offset by the reduction of all the printing/shipping/handling costs, would also save a lot of trees, and nobody would need to tote a mini filing cabinet down the aisles.
jred
Expert
Expert

Post by jred »

if you are a business or company that's trying selling a product at the sema and the pir show,, the personal in the shows booths should have first hand knowledge of the company's products...when I am at the shows and want to know something about your product your personal should know almost everything about it ,,, my time is valuable too... when I come to the show I am trying to get and see as much products and information as possible ... and there is way to much to see in just a couple of days.. to me trade only means wholesale only..
not saying that employees of company's that are at the show need not come to the show and learn and see new products as that increases your own company's knowledge and skills or information...and makes your company have a better sales force...
pdq67
Guru
Guru

Post by pdq67 »

CamKing wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2017 1:08 pm
prairiehotrodder wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2017 12:55 pm Is it a family friendly show? Is the general public welcome or is it just for those in the industry?
Here's the rules, unfortunately for us exhibitors, they're not enforced.

Can anybody attend?
It's trade only, so you must prove you own, manage or represent a racing business or professional race team. Race fans are not admitted.

What is the minimum age requirement?
Children under 16 will not be permitted to enter the Show. Child care is not provided.
Well how then do I get in?

I got in SEMA years ago because my Boss wrote them a letter stating that I worked for MO/DNR/APCP and they OK'd it and called me an, "Educator"!!

Because of MO's air pollution control program and vehicle smog control.

pdq67
tresi
Pro
Pro

Post by tresi »

I don't get it. Why would anybody want to bring the wife and kids. After an hr it would be a non stop "Can we go now". Other than the locals why would the end user go to the expense of travel, the hassle of finding a motel room and a rental car. What good would it do them? Any benefit surely wouldn't be worth the cost.
j-c-c
Guru
Guru

Post by j-c-c »

" What good would it do them? Any benefit surely wouldn't be worth the cost."

Knowledge is power, no pun intended. This is a point I touched on early in the thread, the problem that creates the demand for "outsiders' to attend is, new products/ideas/concepts/etc do not get quickly nor well disseminated thru the industry/client base. If you are Ok finding the new gadget you just installed for your self or a customer, has been revised 6 months ago, that the client just read about the new revised item in Hot Rod, and you are OK with that, the system works fine. Not to mention the chance to interact with the behind scenes real designers/engineers, out something in your hand, hear some guidance, share a rant when ap[appropriate, get some face to face interaction, and see what the competition has done.. The swag/special price/sponsor seekers will always be a thorn. Just Don't throw out the baby out with the bath water.