Open to topics unrelated to Speed-Talk.
No politics. No religion topics.

Moderator: Team

1989TransAm
Guru
Guru

Re: Next thing in prime movers

Post by 1989TransAm »

Only powered by rare earth magnets. I wonder if this motor only has one speed? I also see he started it with a hammer. :D
Dave Koehler
Vendor

Post by Dave Koehler »

That is pretty cool. I did see the hammer but never found out how it is started and more importantly how it is stopped.
Did find a video where a fellow read the patent and drew it up in CAD. There are a LOT of magnets in this thing.
I saw a vid where it was running around 2600. Wonder about the force created. Can I stop it by grabbing the shaft or get thrown across the room.

i will be interested to see if it is viable or someone exposes it as another free energy hoax or delusion
Dave Koehler - Koehler Injection
Enderle Fuel Injection - Nitrous Charger - Balancing - Nitrous Master software
http://www.koehlerinjection.com
"Never let a race car know that you are in a hurry."
Brian P
Guru
Guru

Post by Brian P »

Hoax.
Dave Koehler
Vendor

Post by Dave Koehler »

Brian P wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2017 10:23 amHoax.
Just being skeptical (a good thing) or have proof?

since it's been around for a few years now without mainstream praise I will remain skeptical.
Brian P
Guru
Guru

Post by Brian P »

It's a hoax because it makes claims that violate the laws of thermodynamics.

Magnets are no more a source of "energy" than gravity is. YES, you can extract mechanical work by allowing two magnetically-attracted objects to become closer together via a suitable mechanism, but it's analogous to extracting mechanical work by allowing two gravitationally-attracted objects to become closer together via a suitable mechanism ... but the problem is that it takes an exactly equal and opposite amount of work to separate them again.
1989TransAm
Guru
Guru

Post by 1989TransAm »

Dave Koehler wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:45 pm That is pretty cool. I did see the hammer but never found out how it is started and more importantly how it is stopped.
Good point. Maybe it was a set of magnets that got moved by the hammer blow to get the thing going. Maybe use the hammer to knock the magnets back in the other direction to stop it. Kind of like dynamic breaking with an electric motor. If so that sucker would stop right quick.

As to why it has not gone further is probably a myriad of problems for practical use at this point in time.
Dave Koehler
Vendor

Post by Dave Koehler »

If they can come up with an almost stone quiet generator run by this thing for the trailer I'm all in.
Keith Morganstein
Guru
Guru

Post by Keith Morganstein »

Just another perpetual motion machine. Same old pitch line... Yawn.
Be sure to invest some money in it :roll:
Automotive Machining, cylinder head rebuilding, engine building. Can't seem to quit #-o
Brian P
Guru
Guru

Post by Brian P »

I know quite well how an electric motor works. The energy input is in the form of electricity ... volts x amps. It doesn't just magically spin and make power by itself. Not connected to a supply of the right kind of electricity, it sits there and does nothing.

That electricity, by the way, is generating magnetism in an electromagnet - not a permanent magnet. Some electric motors do indeed have permanent magnets inside them ... but unless combined with an electromagnet that reverses its polarity in a prescribed pattern (and which requires electricity to do so!), it sits there and does nothing.

If you think otherwise, it's you who doesn't know how an electric motor works ...

An electric motor is also not considered to be a "prime mover".
Keith Morganstein
Guru
Guru

"A retired Turkish Police officer who's discovery has proved all the physicist wrong"

Love it! It's always someone without any engineering or science that invents these things.
Automotive Machining, cylinder head rebuilding, engine building. Can't seem to quit #-o
Keith Morganstein
Guru
Guru

Dave Koehler wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2017 10:54 am
Brian P wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2017 10:23 amHoax.
Just being skeptical (a good thing) or have proof?

since it's been around for a few years now without mainstream praise I will remain skeptical.
This scammer "inventor" has been at it for a while. His first "invention" a generating system where two accumulators (alternators) drove each other' with "circuitry" only needing a brief start from a 12v car battery, then produced electricity for hours by " self running". That ran it's course.

So now the "rare earth magnet motor" . This a very easy scam requiring magnets and a small battery to spin the rotor at a fairly good rpm. Not much power though.

He was "selling" 2,000 units of a 5KVA free energy system for $15,000 euro. This was payable 1/3 when ordering the remaing $10,000 euro 15 days prior to delivery. That was 2015.

Free energy, get your free energy here!
Keith Morganstein
Guru
Guru

Keith Morganstein wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2017 12:04 pm
He was "selling" 2,000 units of a 5KVA free energy system for $15,000 euro. This was payable 1/3 when ordering the remaing $10,000 euro 15 days prior to delivery. That was 2015.

Free energy, get your free energy here!
(Looking to scam over 35 million in US dollars)
Zmechanic
Pro
Pro

Post by Zmechanic »

exhaustgases wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2017 12:51 am
We are not talking "heat engines" here, so you can leave your thermodynamics at the door.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

If all you know about thermo is that it has "thermo" in the name and therefore must only concern heat, you are not qualified to tell anyone what it may or may not cover let alone "leave it at the door"