R2C

Open to topics unrelated to Speed-Talk.
No politics. No religion topics.

Moderator: Team

Bishop540

R2C

Post by Bishop540 »

Anyone know if R2C is going out of business? I have been trying to get a base/lid replaced for months, almost a couple years. Mr Ed use to work there and was a great guy to talk to, with a wealth of knowledge about air filtration. But now it seems the service has gone down the drain. I have called 5 times in the last several weeks to get a tracking number (that they were suppose to email to me) and I always get some kind of weird run-around or empty promise. I got a tracking number today that started with "K10" and I told him I didn't recognize that but he said it was UPS. Hmmm..

They have a great drop base air cleaner for my Dominator but the plastic they use keeps melting with this Texas heat and my BBC, black car, etc.... They claim they have started to use a different material that holds up to more heat (TR-55, I think) -but have yet to deliver. It sucks, since I willing dished out good money for one of their air cleaners......anyway, "does anyone know if R2C is closing shop"? Thanks!
Eric
Bishop540

Re: R2C

Post by Bishop540 »

(Its hard to believe that over 1000 people have viewed this post and nobody has any experience with R2C) I am starting to think R2C is a dying. I call them every other day and get the same response: "your base and lid are on the way. Here is your (bogus) Tracking#....".

Something is going down at R2C and I'm about to get the shaft. I have tried every other Dominator filter and nothing worked like theirs did. It is just made out of cheap plastic that starts to deform and melt-down with BBC under-the-hood heat.

Even Summit has some of their products on backorder, thinking they are gonna "ship next week". Look out Summit.

I am gonna call it: R2C is gonna be bankrupt and out of business soon. You heard it here first.......
Eric
Bishop540

Post by Bishop540 »

Sweet. Here are some recent post on Google about R2C. I am not the only one going nuts after all:

"I placed an order for an air intake for a Genesis coupe, which was out of stock at the time I placed the order. So I have then a week before I called about a possible ETA. Long story short, I was told for 3 weeks in a row that the item would ship at the end of the week. So I cancelled the order after week 3. Now this isn't even what I'm upset about, the intake was out of stock when I ordered it and they were having problems with one of their vendors, which I understand.

Now my actual issue with this company is that I cancelled my order 3 weeks ago and was told on the day that I cancelled that it would be refunded by the end of the week. It was not. In fact I ended up having to call this company on five separate occasions before I finally got this resolved almost three full weeks after the order was canceled.

I was also told three separate occasions that my refund would be processed by the end of the day, which the first two times, it was not.

There is no excuse for this. No business that treats customers this way should stay in business."

AND ANOTHER REVIEW POSTED RECENTLY:

"Waited weeks with no shipping confirmation. Called multiple times and got no help from any employee. Finally decided to cancel my order. Let's hope they actually refund my money"

AND FROM A RECENT EMPLOYEE:

"Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Vernon Hills, IL
Doesn't Recommend
Neutral Outlook
I worked at R2C Performance Product full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They used to have a very good team; not anymore

Cons

very poor management for a business family"

AND OBVIOUSLY, ANOTHER ex-EMPLOYEE:

"Terrible work environment!! Where yelling is the only thing getting done consistently
Workplace Safety
The work environment can be unsafe. The air quality seems to very poor. Very little training is giving. You are just told what to do."
Eric
Bishop540

Post by Bishop540 »

Just to keep you updated, R2C is starting to get many Google reviews about the same thing I am talking about. And its almost like the other reviews are word for word. Warning: DO NOT ORDER FROM R2C PERFORMANCE. YOU WILL NOT GET YOUR PRODUCT AND THEY WILL NEVER REFUND YOUR MONEY.
Eric
Bishop540

Post by Bishop540 »

R2C out of business.PNG

Ha!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Eric
dirtracr5
Guru
Guru

Post by dirtracr5 »

Website is gone now. Are they done?
Hap
Re: R2C - WARNING

Post by Hap »

They have a current website listing all their products and an online sales deal.
This is their current business location, website and business phone they provide with an order:
R2C PERFORMANCE PRODUCTS
605 TOWER RD
MUNDELEIN, IL 60060
847-922-8031
WWW.R2CPERFORMANCE.COM

Would NOT recommend doing business with these guys unless you have a direct hook up with someone that will guarantee delivery of your order.
Also be cautious even inquiring about their products as they may hit you back with MULTIPLE emails and spam.

One of our team purchased their SF10500 Injector Filter; paid through their website; got immediate confirmation from R2C that the order was being processed, etc. That was almost 2 months ago.
All his emails have gone unanswered, and calls get dumped into VM.

My experience was only an INQUIRY about a filter system on their website.
Got a immediate reply from Colin Greenlees who said the filter is in stock, quoted a price, etc.
Immediately after this email, got an invoice from a Roy Greenless at R2C.
Multiple emails and invoices from Roy Greenless and Colin Greenlees have continued on a daily basis, despite me replying and requesting them to stop.
Had to get my IT guys to block emails generated from the following domains:
racing@r2cperformance.com
Roy Greenless <mailer@fattmerchant.com>
colin@r2cperformance.com
Bishop540

Post by Bishop540 »

Very old thread but wanted to tell you how I fixed my melting lid. A friend suggested I turn it over and heat it up to melt it the opposite way. He was correct. I used my heat gun to melt it back to shape, or close enough. I have also installed a space and washer over the Air Cleaner stud so the lid will never melt down again. Should have done that from the beginning but who knew that plastic would melt under the hood of a BBC. :D

Would I recommend there plastic air cleaners, no. But if you have to use one to fit your application -like I had to- then fab you a spacer and washer over the Air Cleaner stud and it will never melt down again with that spacer and washer holding it up. I always wondered why the stud bolt was always loose. Not anymore. It stays tight. There is also a washer on the top side, with a rubber gasket.

And to address all the cracks in the plastic Lid, I used Flex Tape on the inside. Cheezy, but it worked. Who knew.....
Eric