Facts About Turbinado Sugar

Open to topics unrelated to Speed-Talk.
No politics. No religion topics.

Moderator: Team

DanE2
Re: Facts About Turbinado Sugar

Post by DanE2 »

I was Retired from the Army for reason of Traumatic Arthritis due to a major injury when I was 25. By the time I was 30, I was very affected from the Traumatic Arthritis and white sugar increased the pain by a large margin.

Any cooking where sugar is required, we use Turbinado Sugar in the least amount possible. Other than that, I use honey or real Maple Syurp as a sweetener. Again, as little as possible.

Corn syrup, high fructose corn syrup and artificial sweeteners must be avoided also. One must read the ingredients. No white flour. For bread, I use Ezekiel bread. Made from 9 sprouted grains, no flour. Once you get used to it, you will not go back to bread from flour. No processed foods. Once you get used to eating this way, you will be much better off.

If white sugar was invented today, it would probably be a controlled substance.
DanE2

Post by DanE2 »

Juice fasting is very effective for treating arthritis. The Army doctors told me that I would never make 50 years of age because of all the damage done. I am now 75 and I credit juice fasting to the increase, plus learning to eat right.

You are what you eat.

Eating whatever is handy and quick is OK if you want to have a shorter existence and deal with the pain. Nothing is easy. :shock:
pdq67
Guru
Guru

Post by pdq67 »

Isn't, "Turbinado Sugar", just regular old brown sugar that is being marketed as, "new and improved"??

Don't you just love, "MARKETING", hype!!!

pdq67
pdq67
Guru
Guru

Post by pdq67 »

Somebody tell Ken that the next time I go to the grocery store, I will buy a box of the stuff and try it.

Thanks,

pdq67

PS., Years ago, while working for AP Green Refractories, I have installed refractories in three sugar plants.

Renville, MN, Saginaw, MI, and, (I think?), Gramercy, LA.
GARY C
HotPass
HotPass

Post by GARY C »

Here is some info you may be interested in, sometimes it's not what you eat but what you eat together.
http://www.colonhealthinfo.com/diet/separation_diet.htm

All nutritionist I have studied say to eliminate all wheat, all sugar and all dairy for 30 to 90 days and see what happens, then you can reintroduce one at a time and see what is causing issues...Sadly our food is't really food any more.

One thing I found with arthritis and muscle cramps was even though I was taking several different supplements with everything known to man none of the contained hardly any magnesium, I bought the cv brand and solved my problem, now I only take it a few times a year.

Alcohol is another no no as it converts to sugar.

Also a good source of local honey is a good sweetner to get away from sugar.
Please Note!
THE ABOVE POST IN NO WAY REFLECTS THE VIEWS OF SPEED TALK OR IT'S MEMBERS AND SHOULD BE VIEWED AS ENTERTAINMENT ONLY...Thanks, The Management!