FREE SEMINAR!!! York Springs, PA. Wish I could be there.

Open to topics unrelated to Speed-Talk.
No politics. No religion topics.

Moderator: Team

nickpohlaandp
Pro
Pro

FREE SEMINAR!!! York Springs, PA. Wish I could be there.

Post by nickpohlaandp »

So Al Joniec is going to be giving a free seminar in York Springs, PA this Friday and Saturday. I've had the opportunity to learn from this man and have him oversee some of my engine builds. Maybe I hold him in an unusually high regard, but to me he's nothing short of a genius. I wish I could be there, but I figured I'd post this up for anyone in that area who might be able to make it. I promise you'll come away smarter, and Al is a super cool, old school racer at heart. I hope someone on the forum can go and post up your thoughts afterwards.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Never half ass two things... Whole ass one thing!
novadude
Guru
Guru

Re: FREE SEMINAR!!! York Springs, PA. Wish I could be there.

Post by novadude »

Thanks for the heads-up. I was planning on going to that event, but didn't know about the seminar. Had you not posted, I might have showed up later and missed this.
nickpohlaandp
Pro
Pro

Re: FREE SEMINAR!!! York Springs, PA. Wish I could be there.

Post by nickpohlaandp »

novadude wrote:Thanks for the heads-up. I was planning on going to that event, but didn't know about the seminar. Had you not posted, I might have showed up later and missed this.
If you get the chance to go I promise you'll be glad you did. It seemed fairly often that me or my buddy I was working with would ask a question and Al would just stop us working and take us to school. I wish I'd have been a bit more mature and/or taken better notes (still have the notebook). I had no clue at the time just how fortunate I was to have him right there to talk to and learn from. I'm 37 now, he's 78, and all that fun was almost 15 years ago.

If you make it there and get the chance to talk to him he's really laid back, no BS, and he's got a dirty sense of humor. A little tip... wear a Batman shirt, that'll get his attention (but you might not be the only person wearing Batman stuff). Al's nickname when he was racing his Rice Holman mustang was Batman... and it's stuck to this day.

Edit: He didn't just drive the cars, he built them too
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Never half ass two things... Whole ass one thing!