Open to topics unrelated to Speed-Talk.
No politics. No religion topics.

Moderator: Team

pdq67
Guru
Guru
What's my car worth?

Post by pdq67 »

Yesterday, two Brothers and ones wife came by the house.

I met One and his Son at the Centralia , MO Anchorfest on like June 4th or so sitting out in front of my Buddy Doc's office.

Casually in BSing a blue '67 Camaro was mentioned and after talking a bit and finding out where they were from, I said that it is my car! It's in my garage! The one Brother liked to had a fit just thinking that he had found his Brothers old car.

Anyway, the other Brother dated his wife in my car like I did my wife after I bought it new and wants to buy it back.

My car is an old, "survivor" car, early, ordered in Oct., took procession in Dec., '66 350 SS/RS optioned with everything except an AT, PS, PB, and AC.

And I mean optioned with EVERYTHING except the above list! I optioned it to be light and to RUN!! I do have PW's.. Tilt wood grained wheel, full gauges and fancy interior. H/D F-41 steering suspension too.

Documented 350 SS/RS. The M-20, 3.31 12-bolt posi- all are still under her. My 350 bit the dust years ago because I never dreamed what the OEM block meant to keep it. And there might be a very slight chance that my 350 complete short-block is still out at Doc's place in the weeds???

What's my car worth?

I really don't want to sell it, but more than likely, I will die before I get it on the road.

496 BBC, with a Summit Northern Aluminum BIG WIDE rad., full poli- under her, h/d springs and new shocks. Front and rear Addco 1" and 3/4" sway-bars.

I have also installed 1988 Vette 13" front rotors and VAN big single piston calipers on the front and 1989, 11.75" Camaro rear rotors with 1980 Cad Seville e-brake calipers on the rear. ALL caliper brackets are hand made out of 5/16" CRS! 17" Pony car, Bullet rims and new 225 and 255/45-17" tires. I had Mosers do my Ford wheel conversion because I dearly love the Bullet rims!

I till have almost everything to put it back, bone stock out in my garage. Except my Q-Jet and intake manifold. All the brake hardware and such.

One thing that I don't have and that is a pair of stock mono rear leaf springs! I broke one years ago, (hung my drivers side slapper on a RR rail pot-hole at a crossing and broke my mono spring), so I went to Gib Elison's in Macon and bought a pair of '68 Bird springs the next morning installed them under her along with my hell for stout new slapper bar!

And never forget, that if it doesn't have a 350 SS mono-leaf spring, 12-bolt under her as well as, "wing windows", it ain't a REAL Camaro, imho....

pdq67
Last edited by speedtalk on Sun Jun 25, 2017 4:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Generic title
1989TransAm
Guru
Guru

Re: Wrong forum, but i figure more traffic.

Post by 1989TransAm »

Cannot help on the price but I would be very, very careful throughout this process. Especially when it comes to the transfer of the cash.
va454ss

Post by va454ss »

Keep it
Kbails

Post by Kbails »

if its inside and out of the weather keep it. unless you'll get life changing money for it.. I would try and keep it in the family
Long Island, NY
pdq67
Guru
Guru

Post by pdq67 »

va454ss wrote:Keep it
Right, I really don't want to sell it, BUT my two Sons don't have a clue! One drives a Ford F-150 4x4 and the other at this time a BMW.

I have ALL the SA, other, and Hotrod books that would teach them how to restore it, but.....

A stack of old rebuild/restoration books over a foot tall here!

I threw out at least 6 boxes of old mag's years ago because I finally realized that I never looked through them is all. Say back to the '80's or so.. And this was besides the way early '60's/'70's mag's I had at one time.

What's my car worth??.

$5,000, $10, $15, $20 ,$25 or more??

pdq67
Dave Koehler
Vendor

Post by Dave Koehler »

Seems simple enough. Those boys can make an offer. It will either tell you if they are realistic or dreamers.
If the number is enough to get your attention you win. If they be tire kickers you win and can quit worrying about it.

Make them a list of what they are bidding on.
Dave Koehler - Koehler Injection
Enderle Fuel Injection - Nitrous Charger - Balancing - Nitrous Master software
http://www.koehlerinjection.com
"Never let a race car know that you are in a hurry."
pdq67
Guru
Guru

Post by pdq67 »

I just told you what they are buying IF one of them does buy it.

I have my hand-written order form so know what I ordered back then.

I opened up my garage door and it was as though it was, "panting", just waiting to get out on the road running wide open like so many times that I ran it! I was young, invincible and you couldn't kill me with a .45 back then!!

Oh, with my D-70 red-lines on the front and tall 9.50 mud and snow tires on the back, all hunkered down in front, 145 mph was about right! F** 350SS engine was cooking back then, what with my -151 cam in her and my dumps open late at night on the Hwy. The faster I drove, the better it handled!!

My headlights were aimed so low that I would kick on my 200,000 candle power Ray-Dot spot lights to see down the road a 1/2 a mile or so. Had to kick 'em off fast if I met a car though!

The spot lights are long gone!

pdq67
Dave Koehler
Vendor

Post by Dave Koehler »

You asked what it was worth and I suggested you let them cut their own throat instead of worrying about what it is worth.
Dave Koehler - Koehler Injection
Enderle Fuel Injection - Nitrous Charger - Balancing - Nitrous Master software
http://www.koehlerinjection.com
"Never let a race car know that you are in a hurry."
pdq67
Guru
Guru

Post by pdq67 »

Right!

pdq67
pdq67
Guru
Guru
Re: What's my car worth?

Post by pdq67 »

Well, the price I put on it has been accepted!

Shocked me to no end!

He said that he would be over in a week with a car hauler and a check IF I will STILL sell it!

I can't sell it for any amount of money because it is such a big part of me! I have to call him back and tell him that I can't sell it.

Maybe on my death bed??

pdq67
pdq67
Guru
Guru

Post by pdq67 »

Dave,

I sent you a PM.

Please just between us!

pdq67
pdq67
Guru
Guru

Post by pdq67 »

OK!!

Who else has a Dec., 1966 350SS/RS fully optioned except for the power crap, (A/C, P/S, P/B, A/T, etc..), but I do have P/W's Camaro for sale?

A guy came by to buy my car and bugged me until I set a price and he wants it. Shocked the shit outta me because I thought I had set the price so high!

I have had my car all of like 8 or so years since I bought it new back in Oct., '66. ('74 or so to '82 or so?).

He and his wife never batted an eye when I said my price AND now I just can't sell it because it is such a part of me.

The guy is capable of fully restoring it whereas, I am just a f**, "piker"!!

I have NEVER cared about how my old car looked, but rather how it ran!!! Stock survival body and interior, but boy it would go down the road!!

145 mph in a NYM!!

It has a new, unlit 496 in it and my un-finished, "pdqCBB", 4-wheel disc brake set-up on her, plus the suspension is almost fully resto-modded!

pdq67
pdq67
Guru
Guru

Post by pdq67 »

Guys, please help me out here!!

I know that since he dated his wife in my car just like I did earlier in like 1967 why he wants it back.

I was just thinking that a "Dynacorn" shell is worth more than I quoted him on my asking price??

pdq67