Open to topics unrelated to Speed-Talk.
No politics. No religion topics.

Moderator: Team

induction apprentice
Expert
Expert

log out

Post by induction apprentice »

to new administrator. Pleas put back the logout icon.

The more traditional one you have chose sucks toilette!

Also cumbersome to have to go to the bottom of the screen page to return to page or page index. For what purpose would this be changed?

Cheers! Induction apprentice
Tuner
Guru
Guru
Re: log out

Post by Tuner »

Click on the little downward pointing triangle to the right of your user name at the top right of the page, the drop-down pane has the 'log out' function.
Cubic_Cleveland
Guru
Guru

Post by Cubic_Cleveland »

induction apprentice wrote:to new administrator. Pleas put back the logout icon.

The more traditional one you have chose sucks toilette!

Also cumbersome to have to go to the bottom of the screen page to return to page or page index. For what purpose would this be changed?

Cheers! Induction apprentice
Yes, I keep looking for the "view desktop site" button but can't find it. Does this mean it's not just a cell phone thing? :x
induction apprentice
Expert
Expert

I get I can click on my name top right and find the dropdown menue for log out. I just don't understand why that is nessasary? It is two clicks required instead of one. So why would anyone change something that was so well arranged to make things less efficient?

Also, the quote option is missing at the bottom that was very convenient when wanting to refer to a certain post. Is the new guy changing it just so he or she can say it's theres now? Kinda like a dog marks a fire hydrant. It seems to me things are becoming less logical and efficient and I am not sure what it all accomplishes in the end?

If someone can explain why this is. I would find it more tolerable to adjust my current speed talk habits. These changes may cause many emotional stress. lol.... #-o
induction apprentice
Expert
Expert

well ya sure streightened me out.

How dare I question the reasoning behind such changes on a free web site. Your absolutely right. We should just keep quiet and move on to another site instead?

I will now fall in line.
ijames
Expert
Expert

Post by ijames »

induction apprentice wrote:I get I can click on my name top right and find the dropdown menue for log out. I just don't understand why that is nessasary? It is two clicks required instead of one. So why would anyone change something that was so well arranged to make things less efficient?

Also, the quote option is missing at the bottom that was very convenient when wanting to refer to a certain post. Is the new guy changing it just so he or she can say it's theres now? Kinda like a dog marks a fire hydrant. It seems to me things are becoming less logical and efficient and I am not sure what it all accomplishes in the end?

If someone can explain why this is. I would find it more tolerable to adjust my current speed talk habits. These changes may cause many emotional stress. lol.... #-o
It took me awhile since I hate pictographs - button labels should use words, dammit [-X . Thank goodness for balloon help. Anyway, at the top of each post on the right are two buttons, labeled ! and ". The " is the quote button for replies, and also appears in each post in the review window while replying so you can quote multiple posts when replying.
Carl Ijames, chemist not engine builder
carl ddott ijames aatt verizon ddott net
induction apprentice
Expert
Expert

ijames wrote:
induction apprentice wrote:I get I can click on my name top right and find the dropdown menue for log out. I just don't understand why that is nessasary? It is two clicks required instead of one. So why would anyone change something that was so well arranged to make things less efficient?

It took me awhile since I hate pictographs - button labels should use words, dammit [-X . Thank goodness for balloon help. Anyway, at the top of each post on the right are two buttons, labeled ! and ". The " is the quote button for replies, and also appears in each post in the review window while replying so you can quote multiple posts when replying.

That's great. I really appreciate the explanation. I would have never thought to click on the pictograph. It did not trigger the idea of quote for me. It looks more like someone accidentally hit the apostrophe button on their keyboard by mistake. Anyways, I guess I am closer to a geriatric blacksmith than a computer programmer. Thank's for the tip.
pdq67
Guru
Guru

Post by pdq67 »

It's probably just my screwed up computer, but the Bullet doesn't work worth a shit on it nowadays.

ST works good as I see it.

pdq67
pdq67
Guru
Guru

Post by pdq67 »

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Took my computer in to the Dr. today and now it is working fine.

Seems that it was loaded up and my mouse didn't work. A clean up and a different mouse and it's as good as new! "Brother", at, "PC Avenue", close by our house does great work. He is a true man a GOD!

pdq67