Ransomware Computer Hack.................AGAIN!

Open to topics unrelated to Speed-Talk.
No politics. No religion topics.

Moderator: Team

GARY C
HotPass
HotPass
Re: Ransomware Computer Hack.................AGAIN!

Post by GARY C »

Thats why I don't put anything on my computer that I need, "They" say you can't protect it! The other possibility would be to use an external hard drive on an off web computer and the plug it into the on web computer when you need to transfer it but then again once you launch it out into the interweb how protected is it?
Please Note!
THE ABOVE POST IN NO WAY REFLECTS THE VIEWS OF SPEED TALK OR IT'S MEMBERS AND SHOULD BE VIEWED AS ENTERTAINMENT ONLY...Thanks, The Management!
mrriggs

Post by mrriggs »

Ken0069 wrote:Do you realize that up until about a month ago my Windows XP system was STILL getting security updates from Microsoft? Don't believe everything you read on this stuff!
If you add a line to the registry to tell Microsoft that it is a point-of-sale machine then you will continue to get XP updates until 2019.
In-Tech
Vendor

Post by In-Tech »

mrriggs, can you tell me more of this? PM if necessary.
Thank You
Heat is energy, energy is horsepower...but you gotta control the heat.
-Carl
mrriggs

Post by mrriggs »

Ken0069 wrote: The real problem though is that Firefox and Chrome are going to discontinue security updates for their XP/Vista browsers in September so after that you'll be a sitting duck of sorts with both XP and Vista.
Slimjet will continue to support XP and Vista for as long as they can. Slimjet is basically Google Chrome, they just take the Google out of it. It works well on older machines with limited memory and uses Chrome extensions.
mrriggs

Post by mrriggs »

Did you download the version 10 or 11? Version 11 won't work on XP or Vista. Their development branched when version 11 came out, they are still updating version 10 for the older Windows.