Back Problems!!

Open

Moderator: Team

Ken0069
Guru
Guru

Back Problems!!

Postby Ken0069 » Sun Mar 12, 2017 11:27 am

Ok guys, how about this? These Xrays were taken in January of this year. I'm "suppose" to be in physical therapy for this but I'm currently in a holding pattern on that due to some high powered antibiotics that I was taking for 6 weeks for an infection I'd had since back in December that's been a bitch to get rid of. Kinda looks like it's finally gone......for now, ie, they don't know how I got it???? ](*,)

Ennywho, back to the Xrays, what you see has caused me to lose 1.5 inches in height over the past 5 years or so not to mention the pain that's come with it. Not sure how physical therapy is suppose to fix this but good old Medicare says that I've got to do it regardless?? I think they drag this kind of stuff out hoping I'll die before they ever have to pay for the surgery for it!!

Here's what a normal xray looks like.

http://www.radiologymasterclass.co.uk/t ... op_4th_img

Now here's what mine look like! :shock: And after looking at this, I'm amazed I'm still able to get around at all!

spine-left.jpg

spine-front.jpg
"Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves."
William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)

Big Boyz Toyz!

Global Warming Is a FRAUD!

pdq67
Guru
Guru

Re: Back Problems!!

Postby pdq67 » Sun Mar 12, 2017 6:27 pm

Ken, you probably have me blocked, but I really feel for you!

I am fighting a bad left hip and I am scared to death. It will be replaced 4/19 if I don't back out and just live with the pain.

I am a tough old bird and have lived with some pain so no big deal by me. About the worse I have had was when I cut my left hand up using my homemade table saw back when I was in HS, '64 or so.. Boy, now that hurt. End of my thumb and the 1st joint of my index finger gone!

Looking at your X-Ray reminds me of my way long gone Buddy that lived south of B'Ham. His back was 100 percent fused solid naturally and he used to laugh and say that if he tripped and fell down that he would break like a China Doll!

He was up on a shed roof that he was building with his Buddy to put his bass boat in and a 1/2 sheet of plywood slipped sideways and he fell through the roof, hitting his cheek on a rafter as he went down and broke his neck and was dead before he fell 8'!!

He was right, he broke like a China Doll! Damn I miss him...

pdq67

pdq67
Guru
Guru

Postby pdq67 » Mon Mar 13, 2017 10:23 am

Right, blocked!

pdq67

John Wallace
Guru
Guru

Postby John Wallace » Mon Mar 13, 2017 3:34 pm

If he has you blocked, maybe he will see this quote?

Ken, you probably have me blocked, but I really feel for you!

I am fighting a bad left hip and I am scared to death. It will be replaced 4/19 if I don't back out and just live with the pain.

I am a tough old bird and have lived with some pain so no big deal by me. About the worse I have had was when I cut my left hand up using my homemade table saw back when I was in HS, '64 or so.. Boy, now that hurt. End of my thumb and the 1st joint of my index finger gone!

Looking at your X-Ray reminds me of my way long gone Buddy that lived south of B'Ham. His back was 100 percent fused solid naturally and he used to laugh and say that if he tripped and fell down that he would break like a China Doll!

He was up on a shed roof that he was building with his Buddy to put his bass boat in and a 1/2 sheet of plywood slipped sideways and he fell through the roof, hitting his cheek on a rafter as he went down and broke his neck and was dead before he fell 8'!!

He was right, he broke like a China Doll! Damn I miss him...

pdq67

:?:
John Wallace
Pontiac Power RULES !
www.wallaceracing.com

pdq67
Guru
Guru

Postby pdq67 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 1:42 am

Boy, this thread died fast!!

pdq67

Dave Koehler
Guru
Guru

Postby Dave Koehler » Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:24 am

an inversion table did wonders for me. I still use it every couple of weeks just to get taller. :D
Dave Koehler - Koehler Injection
Fuel Injection - Nitrous Charger - Balancing - Nitrous Master software
http://www.koehlerinjection.com
"Never let a race car know that you are in a hurry."

Olefud
Pro
Pro

Postby Olefud » Mon Mar 20, 2017 5:16 pm

I had three lumbar vertebrae fused with no prior PT. Afterwards there was substantial therapy. It’s been a bit up and down as to results but after a few years and me not pushing so hard the pain is substantially gone.

I gather that it’s a bit of the roll of the dice.

joe 90
Guru
Guru

Postby joe 90 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:13 am

Those back X rays are similar to my old ones.
There's a sideways twist as well as a front/ rear misalignment.

My physiotherapist explained to me that when you damage a disc, it tightens up the muscles on 1 side to make the back bent sideways. Exercise etc often helps to straighten it out.
I think he might have also said that for every year it's not treated, you need another year of treatment / recovery time.

Straight8

Postby Straight8 » Mon Mar 27, 2017 12:33 am

Dave Koehler wrote:an inversion table did wonders for me. I still use it every couple of weeks just to get taller. :D

X2,,I had surgery in 02 and wish I had the inversion table before.

Ken0069
Guru
Guru

Postby Ken0069 » Mon Mar 27, 2017 11:53 am

I've got a few more weeks before I start PT and I'm not looking forward to that. I have two friends with back problems that are around my age that have been HURT doing that and one of them is still having problems from that injury over a year later! They won't do anything else for me unless I do the PT so I guess I'll give it a shot and see how it works out. Thank you Medicare!!! ](*,) If they make me worse off then I'll just sue the crap out of them!! #-o
"Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves."

Big Boyz Toyz!

Ken0069
Guru
Guru

Postby Ken0069 » Sun Apr 30, 2017 8:50 am

UPDATE: I finished my first two weeks of physical therapy Thursday and I must say that I'm seeing some relief from the left nut ache that I've had since December!! =D>

Early last week some of the left side pain moved to the right side but isn't as intense as it was on the left. At that same time was when the left nut ache eased up quite a bit. Not completely gone mind you, but, it's at a level now that I can pretty much deal with it without meds. After looking at the Xrays I wouldn't have thought that anything but a new spine could do that.

I go to therapy twice a week and each session lasts about an hour. I've also got exercises I do here at home twice a day on the other 5 days. The total deal will be for 6 weeks/12 sessions because that's all that Medicare will allow but if I continue to see the amount of improvement that I've seen in just two weeks, I'm probably going to be OK without surgery, or at least I hope so.

To be continued..........................

Big Boyz Toyz!

Return to “General Discussion”