Getting a dog thread from over on the Bullet.

Open to topics unrelated to Speed-Talk.
No politics. No religion topics.

Moderator: Team

pdq67
Guru
Guru
Getting a dog thread from over on the Bullet.

Post by pdq67 »

I got to thinking about my Daughter's survivor spayed Blue-Healer/Shepard mix..

"Saddie Pups" was a pup from the pound that ended up at about 85 pounds full grown.

I will never forget that when we were blessed with our two Grandbaby Girls at that time that would jump in Papa's lap and after they left, here would come. "Saddie Pups". She had to have her time in Papa's lap too.

Saddie ended up with some sort of cancer and my S-I-L had her put down. I cried over losing her.

My Daughter couldn't handle losing Saddie so she put it out of her mind..

She didn't want another pooch, it hurt her that much.

They would take a weekend trip to Branson and my Daughter would ask me if I wanted to babysit Saddie for the weekend.. I would say sure and here she would come into our house. I folded up an old blanket and put it down by the dinning room window along with her food bowl and water bowl. Wife almost had a fit, but whatever...

She would lay down and look at me and end up coming over for a hug. I loved that dog.

I had a 35' long clothesline cord that I would double loop so I could put it around her neck when we went out. We would head out and had a great time.

I remember that my Daughter called and said if I wanted to see/play with Saddie Pups, that I needed to come over that Sat. because my S-i-L was going to have her put down on Monday, she was that sick.. Something about cancer and her spleen??

So over I went, rope in hand and I looped it on her like always and we left for our walk. Saddie Pups stopped at the property line and would not go farther so I let go of the rope and she went back to the house and I let her in.

I sat down on the couch and called her over and hugged her.

Dam this hurts to think about it...

Ali is 12 and Sara10 and little Leah is 2 and Saddie Pups is long gone. But the two older girls got to play with Saddie before she left us.

pdq67
Kevin Johnson
HotPass
HotPass
Re: Getting a dog thread from over on the Bullet.

Post by Kevin Johnson »

https://www.facebook.com/cmhspets/photo ... /cmhspets/

There are a lot of dogs hoping for a forever home.

Mine follows me around all day long.
Driving Force Online: BREAKING NEWS—Ohio Governor Signs SEMA-Supported Vehicle Freedom Bill Into Law!