AP Green Refractories history in the makingI just saw this!!

Open to topics unrelated to Speed-Talk.
No politics. No religion topics.

Moderator: Team

pdq67
Guru
Guru
AP Green Refractories history in the makingI just saw this!!

Post by pdq67 »

Bond puts Mid-Missouri mansion on the market

http://www.columbiatribune.com/

Property was base of former U.S. senator's political career.

I have stayed many a night in it after they turned it into a Guest House! I hope the picture of it comes up?? It was Mr. A.P. Green's house!

As far as I know, when Greens was spun off, the house sat on like 3' of property surrounding the house as they sold off the rest of the I think a square mile of property.

My friend Joey that I taught to shot gunning plastics own's Mr. Stover's house on the estate or I hope I have the name right?? It might be Howard Copeland's house instead??

20170216_23a_kitbondhouse_tt.JPG

Timothy Tai

Former U.S. Sen. Kit Bond, who now works in St. Louis, is selling his home in Mexico, Mo., for $650,000. The house was Bond’s base throughout his political career. “That was the rock and foundation when I went through difficult times,” Bond said.

http://www.columbiatribune.com/

the old one's gotta sell that property off before they die!!

pdq67
pdq67
Guru
Guru
Re: AP Green Refractories history in the makingI just saw th

Post by pdq67 »

Back again!!

AP Green was onna the BEST Refractory Companies in the World and it really pained me to see it bite the dust!! As does the demise of our STEEL INDUSTRY!! I don't know how many primary integrated steel mills that I have been in through the years?

I was over at Mexico at Green's a week before they closed the doors and I knew and hugged with tears in my eyes the office staff! Ladies that were still left in the main office.

One said go look at your old office because we cleaned it up and I did.

Looked like a warehouse but I thanked them.

pdq67
pdq67
Guru
Guru

Post by pdq67 »

I can't leave this alone!

Is USS, Granite City Works, up and running?

And how are the local but separate coke oven batteries doing that feed the blast furnaces.

I have been inside one blast furnace and it is way cool just how BIG they are!!!

I have worked beside Inland Steel's #7 blast furnace that was at that time the biggest one in N/A. Absolutely HUGE!! I think ArcelorMittal S.A. owns it now, but I may be off, it's been years...

And to think that AK Steel Holding owns ol' Henry Ford's River Rouge integrated steel mill.

pdq67
1989TransAm
Guru
Guru

Post by 1989TransAm »

Good news.