No politics. No religion topics.

Moderator: Team

Keith Morganstein
Guru
Guru

Re: Hip replacement questions.

Post by Keith Morganstein »

pdq67 wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2017 1:31 am
Keith Morganstein wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2017 6:29 pm So PDQ, how is the recovery/rehab going? I hope it's going well and you have "turned the corner"
One thing I want to say (because I've seen many of your other posts)
Free yourself of hate and you will feel/do a lot better!
The hip has a dull pain that I finally took two pills to get by tonight. I have been trying to avoid them, but whatever. I walk slow a lot to try to promote it's healing so hope I am doing the right thing? Use my cane too... To steady myself.

pdq67
Not a doctor of course, but I have to think the pain is from tissue/nerve trauma from the operation. It could take awhile for that to subside.

I would keep moving and walking. One thing I found that helped (after both hip and knee surgery) is walk with a shopping cart... Laps around Home Depot, Costco, super Wally World, etc...
Automotive Machining, cylinder head rebuilding, engine building. Can't seem to quit #-o
pdq67
Guru
Guru

Post by pdq67 »

My Buddy Doc and my Kids all grab a shopping cart for me as soon as I get out of the car at our local WW/SC's and grocery stores.

I have come right out and told my walking neighbors that not to worry if they see some dude gimping around the neighborhood at all hours, day and night because it is just me.

They thank me for doing so because they know that I will look out for everybody if somebody show's up that is up to no good! I just came back in and it's the third or forth walk this evening so go figure...

My oldest Son and I mowed our yard yesterday and even though I over-did it, I do feel better later. I then cut down our gladiolas and used one of my mowers to mulch them into our grass. Only problem I have to watch out for is bending over and pinching everything and that really hurts like hell! So I do everything in slow motion.

pdq67
Keith Morganstein
Guru
Guru

Post by Keith Morganstein »

The PT person worked with me to have a normal gait as possible. (Trying to walk evenly and normally)
Automotive Machining, cylinder head rebuilding, engine building. Can't seem to quit #-o
pdq67
Guru
Guru

Post by pdq67 »

I do.

Thanks,

pdq67