Drone goes south

Open to topics unrelated to Speed-Talk.
No politics. No religion topics.

Moderator: Team

Paul Rig

Drone goes south

Post by Paul Rig »

Just had to share this Ive been laughing about it all day...
So a mate rocks up to my house with a brand new Drone this morning we charge the batteries
read the manual, test the software, do the calibration, argue if we will charge the 2nd spare battery.
Take it to a park near the beach... hit the takeoff button we look at it hovering up and down for about two mins with a bit of a crowd looking on. he sends it towards the beach tries to stop it and it just keeps going. Im yelling "crash it into the ground" and he's going "its all good, I will just hit return to home" he hits the button thing stops in its tracks rises 30meters into the air and start heading out over the water again at about 30km/h we loose sight of it at 2mins and are watching on the in flight video live thingy with him trying everything to get control. 5mins after that no signal.

me " how much you pay for that f*en thing?"
him "1800bucks!"
me "can I have your spare battery?"
him "c*nt" smashes the controller on the ground.
Just as we are leaving this little girl runs up to his side of the car holding the drone in her hands.
woody b
Guru
Guru
Re: Drone goes south

Post by woody b »

I feel a little guilty laughing, but I still laughed. I can't let my wife read this, because just like Mrs. Ken she'd say it sounds like something I'd do.
I used to be a people person, but people ruined it.