2017 Engine Masters ???

Open

Moderator: Team

Walter R. Malik
Guru
Guru
Posts: 3295
Joined: Tue Jul 24, 2012 10:15 am
Location: Roseville, Michigan (just north of Detroit)
Contact:

Re: 2017 Engine Masters ???

Postby Walter R. Malik » Sat May 20, 2017 11:39 pm

Just a thought about running both classes overlapping one another for a few days.
One class on one dyno and the other class on the 2nd dyno for at least one of the days would make it a whole lot easier to get 'em all in.

I do vividly remember the school routinely running 10 engines per day in years past... 5 on each dyno.

Apparently, they don't feel confident to rely on that anymore.
http://www.rmcompetition.com
Specialty engine building at its finest.

Adger Smith
Guru
Guru
Posts: 2128
Joined: Sun Jul 25, 2004 6:35 pm
Location: Texarkana, Ar-Tx

Re: 2017 Engine Masters ???

Postby Adger Smith » Sat May 20, 2017 11:54 pm

We have a schedule figured out where we can keep each class on it's own dyno. If all goes as planned. It appears we maxed out the school's ability to keep up with us. "All" the staff is now way older & it has cost them considerable money in wear & tear. I can understand their position, but I like for the action to be non stop. When things are dragging the excitement level is low. That low activity is bad for the planned streaming, too.
Adger Smith
Adger Smith Performance Engines
903 794 7223 shop
903 824 4924 cell
adgersperf@aol.com e-mail

Gregory
New Member
New Member
Posts: 46
Joined: Mon Nov 04, 2013 11:01 am
Location: Charlotte

Re: 2017 Engine Masters ???

Postby Gregory » Sun May 21, 2017 5:30 pm

For the sake of respectability for the EMC you would think they would have reserved a half dozen slots for something
akin to the Extreme Street rules of years past.
May the EMC as we knew it RIP.

Walter R. Malik
Guru
Guru
Posts: 3295
Joined: Tue Jul 24, 2012 10:15 am
Location: Roseville, Michigan (just north of Detroit)
Contact:

Re: 2017 Engine Masters ???

Postby Walter R. Malik » Mon May 22, 2017 10:03 am

Gregory wrote:For the sake of respectability for the EMC you would think they would have reserved a half dozen slots for something
akin to the Extreme Street rules of years past.
May the EMC as we knew it RIP.


I think the EMC is trying to "put the genie back in the bottle" and somewhat return to near how the engines were required in the beginning of when this competition began...
http://www.rmcompetition.com
Specialty engine building at its finest.

Gregory
New Member
New Member
Posts: 46
Joined: Mon Nov 04, 2013 11:01 am
Location: Charlotte

Re: 2017 Engine Masters ???

Postby Gregory » Mon May 22, 2017 6:51 pm

Yes Walter you are probably right. All the more reason to have/support another contest.

midnightbluS10
Member
Member
Posts: 166
Joined: Sun Oct 20, 2013 7:41 am

Re: 2017 Engine Masters ???

Postby midnightbluS10 » Fri May 26, 2017 7:11 am

kid7755 wrote:I keep checking this post. I know lots are too but they comment nothing. It is what it is I guess. I think hot rod is too busy making trailers that have an engine running asuper charger to tow behind a worthless piece of shit car. They think that engine masters is worthless but they are blinded by tv telling them what is cool. They are wrong. Eventually the thrill will be gone and then they will have no job. Keep reaching HRM! Your days are numbered!



That was 2 people. Lol. Seriously? Butthurt much?

Walter R. Malik
Guru
Guru
Posts: 3295
Joined: Tue Jul 24, 2012 10:15 am
Location: Roseville, Michigan (just north of Detroit)
Contact:

Re: 2017 Engine Masters ???

Postby Walter R. Malik » Fri May 26, 2017 11:43 pm

I really thought it would take the Engine Masters folks at Hot Rod Magazine less than a week and before Memorial Day to send out personal email information messages to the EMC applicants but, I guess they must have had much more pressing issues absorbing that time, this past week. :roll:

Wrong again ... :-k
http://www.rmcompetition.com
Specialty engine building at its finest.

Carroll
Pro
Pro
Posts: 472
Joined: Thu Feb 14, 2008 10:06 am
Location: Shreveport,La.

Re: 2017 Engine Masters ???

Postby Carroll » Sun Jun 11, 2017 8:11 pm

How's everyone's engine coming, I'm experiencing withdrawals. Lol
Joe C

Adger Smith
Guru
Guru
Posts: 2128
Joined: Sun Jul 25, 2004 6:35 pm
Location: Texarkana, Ar-Tx

Re: 2017 Engine Masters ???

Postby Adger Smith » Mon Jun 12, 2017 4:44 am

Hey Walter,
Get your head out & Check the Events at HotRod.com you might be surprised to see they do have events going one that are way bigger than EMC.
Everyone knows who is going to EMC.
The list is posted.
I guess you are asking for a personal invite.
Joe C, Sorry about the withdrawals.
I guess we could insert you in Randy's position when he doesn't show because he hasn't received a personal invite.
Joe, I did see on FB where You had a very nice vacation.
Adger Smith
Adger Smith Performance Engines
903 794 7223 shop
903 824 4924 cell
adgersperf@aol.com e-mail

Bulletbob
New Member
New Member
Posts: 10
Joined: Mon May 09, 2016 3:30 pm

Re: 2017 Engine Masters ???

Postby Bulletbob » Mon Jun 12, 2017 11:02 am

Seems as though there are some mixed feelings about this year's EMC. As it stands right now, things are a lot different than they use to be. Looking for an invite Randy? If things were the way they use to be, you would have known three months ago. There is a new challenge coming up for 2018. Look at the post "New Engine Challege 2018" in general discussion. Looks like someone is not waiting any longer and ready for a change.

Walter R. Malik
Guru
Guru
Posts: 3295
Joined: Tue Jul 24, 2012 10:15 am
Location: Roseville, Michigan (just north of Detroit)
Contact:

Re: 2017 Engine Masters ???

Postby Walter R. Malik » Mon Jun 12, 2017 8:28 pm

Adger Smith wrote:Hey Walter,
Get your head out & Check the Events at HotRod.com you might be surprised to see they do have events going one that are way bigger than EMC.
Everyone knows who is going to EMC.
The list is posted.
I guess you are asking for a personal invite.
Joe C, Sorry about the withdrawals.
I guess we could insert you in Randy's position when he doesn't show because he hasn't received a personal invite.
Joe, I did see on FB where You had a very nice vacation.


Adger, get your jabs in because they have little sting with no real substance. We all have other more important things in our life, too. They ought to check on OUR other events.
I was simply inquiring about what is in the written rules package about this contest on Hot Rod.com for making the entry payment..
Who wrote that package anyway...? It sure wasn't me.

BUT, I follow them and I think others, even those who run the contest, should also follow them. We all now know, that ain't never gonna happen.

I am sorry you got your panties in a bunch simply because I was wondering about something THEY told everybody, in writing.
http://www.rmcompetition.com
Specialty engine building at its finest.

Walter R. Malik
Guru
Guru
Posts: 3295
Joined: Tue Jul 24, 2012 10:15 am
Location: Roseville, Michigan (just north of Detroit)
Contact:

Re: 2017 Engine Masters ???

Postby Walter R. Malik » Mon Jun 12, 2017 8:44 pm

Carroll wrote:How's everyone's engine coming, I'm experiencing withdrawals. Lol
Joe C


Joe, you can help me out and be on my team at any time; we don't have much time.
http://www.rmcompetition.com
Specialty engine building at its finest.

kid7755
Pro
Pro
Posts: 245
Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2012 4:17 pm

Re: 2017 Engine Masters ???

Postby kid7755 » Tue Jun 13, 2017 12:37 am

midnightbluS10 wrote:
kid7755 wrote:I keep checking this post. I know lots are too but they comment nothing. It is what it is I guess. I think hot rod is too busy making trailers that have an engine running asuper charger to tow behind a worthless piece of shit car. They think that engine masters is worthless but they are blinded by tv telling them what is cool. They are wrong. Eventually the thrill will be gone and then they will have no job. Keep reaching HRM! Your days are numbered!



That was 2 people. Lol. Seriously? Butthurt much?


Yes I know. Yes. And sometimes.

You a competitor or HRM? My name is Chris Henderson what's yours buddy?

kid7755
Pro
Pro
Posts: 245
Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2012 4:17 pm

Re: 2017 Engine Masters ???

Postby kid7755 » Tue Jun 13, 2017 12:44 am

Walter R. Malik wrote:
Adger Smith wrote:Hey Walter,
Get your head out & Check the Events at HotRod.com you might be surprised to see they do have events going one that are way bigger than EMC.
Everyone knows who is going to EMC.
The list is posted.
I guess you are asking for a personal invite.
Joe C, Sorry about the withdrawals.
I guess we could insert you in Randy's position when he doesn't show because he hasn't received a personal invite.
Joe, I did see on FB where You had a very nice vacation.


Adger, get your jabs in because they have little sting with no real substance. We all have other more important things in our life, too. They ought to check on OUR other events.
I was simply inquiring about what is in the written rules package about this contest on Hot Rod.com for making the entry payment..
Who wrote that package anyway...? It sure wasn't me.

BUT, I follow them and I think others, even those who run the contest, should also follow them. We all now know, that ain't never gonna happen.

I am sorry you got your panties in a bunch simply because I was wondering about something THEY told everybody, in writing.


You guys keep getting each other wrong. Although I'm a young buck and my experience is a quarter of what y'all have already forgotten. May I say stop the shinnanigans without overstepping my boundaries?

I'm having withdrawals too. Randy and Adj anything I can do to help?

kid7755
Pro
Pro
Posts: 245
Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2012 4:17 pm

Re: 2017 Engine Masters ???

Postby kid7755 » Tue Jun 13, 2017 9:11 am

Carroll wrote:How's everyone's engine coming, I'm experiencing withdrawals. Lol
Joe C


Me too! Would like to hear the good stuff. I'd be getting nervous about now counting down the weekends left to build. :?
Also the wife would be currently mad at me for living in the man cave at this point. :lol:


Return to “General Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests