What happened to Jones Cam/CamKing?

Open

Moderator: Team

Pro-SeriesFab

What happened to Jones Cam/CamKing?

Postby Pro-SeriesFab » Fri Dec 16, 2016 4:41 pm

Sent Mike a blank I had machined from 4340 bar stock back on June 17, 2016.

He had to make lobe blanks etc, but essentially I would call him weekly and I'd get the "should be next week" deal.

That went on till about the end of September when I talked to him and he said the cam was done he was just going to check it over the weekend on the camdoctor and make sure the lobes were good. Told me to call back on Monday so I did and I haven't talked to him on the phone since. He basically stopped answering my calls. Sent emails . . . nothing (not that he was ever that good at answering emails anyways).

Most weeks I'd call once everyday, sometimes on my cell phone and other times on my shop phone thinking he saw the area code and stopped responding. Left a message every other time but started getting the idea he didn't want to answer my calls, especially after I wrote him a PM with no response.

Hadn't called in a week but I called today and now the number is messed up.

Did he close up?

I don't really even care about the couple of hours I had measuring/drawing/machining the camshaft (its for a custom OHC honda engine), OR the stock cam I sent him to check journal diameters on, OR the $80 stick of 4340/shipping.

Just want to know what the hell happened. :(

Racerrick
Expert
Expert

Re: What happened to Jones Cam/CamKing?

Postby Racerrick » Sun May 28, 2017 12:08 pm

what happen is ........you got a free camshaft

Pro-SeriesFab

Postby Pro-SeriesFab » Thu Jun 08, 2017 11:13 am

I didn't WANT a free camshaft, I WANTED to know where my camshaft was for 3 months and why he was completely avoiding me.

I NEVER expected a "free" camshaft for the first 7 months we went over a re-grind, then me making a billet core when the stock lobe profile wasn't enough to do anything with.

Lastly, I never ASKED for a "free camshaft". He never gave me an invoice yet the idiots on here who think Mike walks on water don't believe this. Apparently some people think I should have given him a blank check and just said, "take whatever you need". :roll: Not to mention, I never even HEARD what the price would be the entire time I talked to him and didn't even know what he would have charged me till months later.

You look like a moron bumping a 7 month old thread like this, mostly because Mike himself admitted to screwing up and secondly because when I wrote this thread nothing had been resolved. He still wasn't answering his phone EVER and still wasn't replying to emails EVER and still not replying to the PMs I sent him EVER.

So yes, anyone else reading this: if you want a "free" camshaft from Mike Jones, just machine yourself a core from solid round bar stock, send it to him and then when he says it's done don't expect to hear from him for months and then know you have to drive 230 miles to his shop to figure out what happened.

jred
Pro
Pro

Postby jred » Sun Jun 11, 2017 1:43 am

that's what i would do, as a matter of fact I did do that, and drove from Tucson Arizona to L.A to find the guy that I sent a 1000.00 set of pistons to .. to have coated and, after many phone calls emails and voice mails without him calling me back or any communications from him I played magnum P.I. and found him
funny how different it is when you are there Face to Face .. Surprised the holy f**k out of him..

Pro-SeriesFab

Postby Pro-SeriesFab » Mon Jun 12, 2017 10:43 am

jred wrote:that's what i would do, as a matter of fact I did do that, and drove from Tucson Arizona to L.A to find the guy that I sent a 1000.00 set of pistons to .. to have coated and, after many phone calls emails and voice mails without him calling me back or any communications from him I played magnum P.I. and found him
funny how different it is when you are there Face to Face .. Surprised the holy f**k out of him..

Yup, spent 5 minutes at Mike's shop. He said the cam was at the nitrider and gave me their number to call. The end.

Return to “General Discussion”