Open to topics unrelated to Speed-Talk.
No politics. No religion topics.

Moderator: Team

Zmechanic
Pro
Pro

Re: Annoying Popups Ramping Up???

Post by Zmechanic »

You use ad block? That's usually one of the first recommended courses of action to try to stop those.

The cookie spoofing is an interesting idea, though. Would probably totally jack with targeted ads too.
Rizzle
Expert
Expert

Post by Rizzle »

Zmechanic wrote:You use ad block? That's usually one of the first recommended courses of action to try to stop those.

The cookie spoofing is an interesting idea, though. Would probably totally jack with targeted ads too.
AdBlock is now selling ads. Use some on the smaller ones like AdGuard.

Personally, I'd suggest using the Opera browser if you aren't already. Integrated ad blocker (not AdBlock), and VPN/ Private mode VPN options. And, all the mouse gestures like previous.
Paul Rig

Post by Paul Rig »

Firefox with extensions - Ublock Origin, better privacy, HTTPS everywhere.

I dont see many adds except for sites I allow, and get no pop ups, pop under or pop over ads.
1989TransAm
Guru
Guru

Post by 1989TransAm »

I have not been on Yellow Bullet for a week now because of the virus warnings. I actually got one and had to go through the motions to get rid of it. Lot's of pop-up adds on that site now. I do not get any here on Speedtalk.
dwilliams
Guru
Guru
Post by dwilliams »

Yellowbullet is now owned by an advertising company called VerticalScope. They own a ton of forums now.

Their usual modus operandi is to negotiate with the forum owner in secret to make the sale, then "Philip" or "Helen" announces the change of ownership, locks any threads about it, and then start adding more annoying animated advertising.

In the last year I've dumped half a dozen forums that got borged by VerticalScope. Most of them are just gutted shells of their former selves. VS doesn't seem to care as long as their archives are still indexed to get clicks.

These are just the automotive forums they now own: http://www.verticalscope.com/automotive/site-list.html