No politics. No religion topics.

Moderator: Team

Kevin Johnson
HotPass
HotPass
oklahoma-speeder-caught-at-208-mph

Post by Kevin Johnson »

http://www.foxnews.com/auto/2016/11/16/ ... 8-mph.html

Enquiring minds want to know the make and model of the interceptor.
Driving Force Online: BREAKING NEWS—Ohio Governor Signs SEMA-Supported Vehicle Freedom Bill Into Law!
406shark
Re: oklahoma-speeder-caught-at-208-mph

Post by 406shark »

Kevin Johnson wrote:http://www.foxnews.com/auto/2016/11/16/ ... 8-mph.html

Enquiring minds want to know the make and model of the interceptor.

Yep... I went so far as to check the county sheriff's FB page to see if they showed anything. Oh well... lol

Jeff
pdq67
Guru
Guru

Post by pdq67 »

Back about the early spring of "67, I left my then to later by my wife's house in Moberly. MO at 3:50AM and hit the road after I had to meet up with my car pool at 4 AM in Macon, MO. (24 miles away)...

My car was running 145 and going up!

Anyway, I went by my Trooper Buddy's tripod and he couldn't catch me!

Talk about a hassle later and I finally got Roy Beale off my ass when I told him that he was going to have to catch my ass running above 145 mph. AND his big f** Merc Cruiser wouldn't do it top end!

And my '67 SS/RS Camaro would top end with the best of them back in the early '70's!! I'm actually figuring now at 155mph because of my big 9.50/14 M&S tires I was running back then.

I and my now way long gone RR/CO Buddy Bob and I came south out of Macon, MO one Sat. evening and his Uncle Don in a Duce and a Quarter Buick past us, and I said, "What the hell" , and kicked my car1! Bob said it's only my Uncle...

Bob was like Lurch, "er er er er", as he grabbed whatever as I past Uncle Don at the s curves south of Macon, MO running a flat 100 mph

My headlights were at his doors as I went around him! And it was f** raining!! We went around his Uncle Don WFO, and as we turned from right to left looking at his uncles car, we went on down the road at like 125 mph!

Any way, we went east at Jacksonville. MO and Bob said , "You know there is a right curve up here as I hit it at 120 MPH, He liked ta shit and so did I! We got through it and he said, "Danmit, there is another curve ahead just as bad so shut this fucker down!

And I did!!

Damn I miss Bob!

pdq67
Kevin Johnson
HotPass
HotPass

Post by Kevin Johnson »

pdq67 wrote:...
Any way, we went east at Jacksonville. MO and Bob said , "You know there is a right curve up here as I hit it at 120 MPH, He liked ta shit and so did I! We got through it and he said, "Danmit, there is another curve ahead just as bad so shut this fucker down!

And I did!!

Damn I miss Bob!

pdq67

He was the Jenkins to your Moss. :wink:

http://www.motorsportmagazine.com/archi ... lle-miglia

Public safety, though. They did their best to close the roads down to the public.
Driving Force Online: BREAKING NEWS—Ohio Governor Signs SEMA-Supported Vehicle Freedom Bill Into Law!
pdq67
Guru
Guru

Post by pdq67 »

What had been done to the kids car so that it would hit 208 mph?

And I figure that the kid slowed down when the 2nd Interceptor got on his tail, realizing that he had screwed himself by going this fast...

pdq67
user-23911

Post by user-23911 »

Darwin award?
Kevin Johnson
HotPass
HotPass

Post by Kevin Johnson »

... with attached Beagle ears.