Open to topics unrelated to Speed-Talk.
No politics. No religion topics.

Moderator: Team

pamotorman
Guru
Guru
some good advice

Post by pamotorman »

1. It's time to use the money you saved up. Use it and enjoy it. Don't just keep it for those who may have no notion of the sacrifices you made to get it. Remember there is nothing more dangerous than a son or daughter-in-law with big ideas for your hard earned capital. Enjoy the present moment. The sand in the clock may run out at any moment.

2. Stop worrying about the financial situation of your children and grandchildren. You've taken care of them for many years, and you've taught them what you could. You gave them an education, food, shelter and support. The responsibility is now theirs to earn their way.

3. Keep a healthy life with moderate exercise (like walking every day), eat well and get your sleep. It's easy to become sick, and it gets harder to remain healthy. Keep in touch with your doctor, get tested even when you're feeling well. Stay informed.

4. Always buy the best, most beautiful items for your significant other. The key goal is to enjoy your money with your partner. One day one of you will miss the other, and the money will not provide any comfort then. Enjoy it together.

5. Don't stress over the little things. You've already overcome so much in your life. You have good memories and bad ones, but the important thing is the present. Don't let the past drag you down or the future frighten you.
jed
HotPass
HotPass

Re: some good advice

Post by jed »

Good advice.
DCal
Expert
Expert

Post by DCal »

I know 6 couples right now, some parents, some grandparents, whose savings are being attacked by drug infested relatives, and I plead with them to stop pouring money into those losers. Some will not agree with me but I am a generous and sympathetic man and would do more if I could afford to. But I will not waste my hard earned money on drug-related problems. I don't know anyone who has successfully beat drugs, if there are some, God Bless You..
And I agree that if you have a great spouse you should take care of them and show affection and appreciation for them.
Keith Morganstein
Guru
Guru

Post by Keith Morganstein »

DCal wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 3:57 pm I know 6 couples right now, some parents, some grandparents, whose savings are being attacked by drug infested relatives, and I plead with them to stop pouring money into those losers. Some will not agree with me but I am a generous and sympathetic man and would do more if I could afford to. But I will not waste my hard earned money on drug-related problems. I don't know anyone who has successfully beat drugs, if there are some, God Bless You..
And I agree that if you have a great spouse you should take care of them and show affection and appreciation for them.
Giving money to someone who is actively using is known as enabling.

I know people who have been clean and sober for years and years. The majority are working a program such as AA or NA.
Automotive Machining, cylinder head rebuilding, engine building. Can't seem to quit #-o
pdq67
Guru
Guru

Post by pdq67 »

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

"I know people who have been clean and sober for years and years. The majority are working a program such as AA or NA."

There is an up-start program called CA that trying to help Cocaine Addicts!

I have heard and have been told that an alcoholic or a drug addict will get more out of the two programs than a lot of good money spent on so-called professional help. But you have to WANT to remain dry and get straight OR none of them work!

Drunks and addicts if they want to get clean use, "rehab", establishments to, "sober up"/"get straight", then continue to stay sober by following a 12-step program!!!

And I believe that some professionals say that a 12-step program along with the AA/NA support groups do more to help people than their professions have done!

BUT ya have ta want to CHANGE for the better OR nothing works in the end! And we all know what the end is, don't we!!

"Public Service Announcement", off!"..

pdq67