Open to topics unrelated to Speed-Talk.
No politics. No religion topics.

Moderator: Team

pdq67
Guru
Guru
.17 Hornet chambered hanguns.

Post by pdq67 »

Are there any .17 Hornet handguns, "wheel", and, "semi-automatic", sold? How about rifles too?

Please post up some brands.

Seems like it would be a dandy, prairie dog shell for close in shooting. Of course, a bolt-action rifle with a good scope for distance shooting!

pdq67
brechlrl
Pro
Pro
Re: .17 Hornet chambered hanguns.

Post by brechlrl »

As far as I know nobody chambers for that round. A Thompson Contender would be about your only choice and I am not sure they ever made a .17 barrel.. But then I have been out of the varmint hunting scene for quite some time.. I did own a .17 Rem for a while.. very explosive on dogs or other vermin, but really affected by the wind.. I found a rare .218 Bee Thompson barrel years ago and re-chambered it for the Mashburn Improved case.. Performance approaching .222. Very nice varmint pistol with a 6x scope on it. There is nothing repeating that I know of in those high pressure rounds.. Although Rem made a pistol on the old 660 short bolt action at one time. Those things could handle any cartridge you could throw at it Might even have made a .17.. I had a .223 version and the muzzle blast was deafening with a military load, which uses a slower burning ball powder.. I fired it at night once and the fireball blinded me for a few seconds lol
pdq67
Guru
Guru

Post by pdq67 »

I guess I would like to have a pair these in .17 Hornet, .22 Hornet, a .30 Carbine, or even step it up to that military .223 shell just for the heck of it is all.

http://www.atlanticfirearms.com/images/ ... raco-4.jpg

pdq67
autogear
Vendor

Post by autogear »

I have a henry in .17HMR. Marbles sights...its fun! But, as has been said,, a little puff of a breeze and you're WAY off course.
.22LR with a Paco Kelly Accu'rzr is the way to go for sure. When one of those little guys hits the dastardly varmint; you hear a solid thump and its over. You'll also shoot MUCH tighter groups with bulk ammo. I gotta admit the first few times you smack a forming die holding a 22LR with a mallet, it does up the 'pucker factor'. Ive never ever heard of one going off unannounced. Even still I'll accurize(?) outdoors on a flat table...and just mill through a box of rounds in a few minutes.

Got an old 30-30? Grab some LEVERevolution from Hornady...turn your cowboy gun into a tackdriver. These 160gr beauties shoot FLAT. They're not exactly CommieBloc cheap though LOL
Adger Smith
Guru
Guru

Post by Adger Smith »

If any of you guys need some 7.62-51/.308
or .300 Win Mag for reloading get in touch with me.
I have some extra that I have decapped and washed.
Adger Smith
Adger Smith Performance Engines
903 794 7223 shop
903 824 4924 cell
adgersperf@aol.com e-mail
pdq67
Guru
Guru

Post by pdq67 »

Any whoooooo..

BTTT!

Who makes a .17 Hornet real pistolla??

Like a semi auto jobber that holds at least 6 shells! A little-bitty sucker to.

Close in killing is what it will be for.

Hold the sucker up next to the temple and, "BANG you are dead", sorta shit!!

Kinda like a little-bitty Beretta Bobcat 21A, but with more of a BANG!!