Open to topics unrelated to Speed-Talk.
No politics. No religion topics.

Moderator: Team

crazyman
Expert
Expert

Since we all love machines. Guns.

Post by crazyman »

I have a Marlin 795 rifle and a S&W 22 compact, both 22LR. I bought a Remington 870 tactical 12 gauge today. I got the first two for self defense/hunting and cheap rounds, but the pump action 12 is the crown jewel to my 3 gun collection. Anyone else collect for defense/hunting? I chose a pump because that chck-chkttt is a universal language.
pdq67
Guru
Guru
Re: Since we all love machines. Guns.

Post by pdq67 »

Ken0069 wrote:
crazyman wrote:Anyone else collect for defense/hunting?
I do have a "collection" of sorts that includes an LR308 and an S&W M&P in 5.56, both of which I built myself from parts kits. I have a couple of "wildcats" on a Super 14 Contender frame that I play with also.
crazyman wrote:I chose a pump because that chck-chkttt is a universal language.
Good choice as there's NOTHING in the world that will instill the fear of God in a home invader like the sound of a pump shotgun chambering a round!! :shock: Sort of a "come to Jesus" moment if you will! My 12ga Mosberg 500 pump shotgun loaded with 00 buckshot is within arms reach of my bed for that very reason!

Unless it is the "clunk" of a double 12.....

Or the chambering of a shell in a 1911 .45.......

He, He!!

pdq67
jred
Expert
Expert

Post by jred »

have a really long alley behind my shop lots of lowlifes wander down the alley late in the afternoon to check out what they can come back and steal i was working out back 1 day and heard them talking look over there look over here we can come back tonight and get this or that..

so when it was dark a friend and myself were sitting out back of the shop and waiting and all we did is rack that old junk 12gauge 1 time guess what no more problems

I think that is the only sound that pretty much everybody knows...
Zmechanic
Pro
Pro

Post by Zmechanic »

I did 3-gun style competition for awhile, except it was just 2 gun and not any big sanctioning body, just a local event. I sold off my AR based stuff during the last craze. Was hard to resist being able to shoot a gun for a few years, then sell it for over what I had in it.. I have a stripped lower sitting in my gun safe just in case.

Then I got addicted to trying to put as many shots as I could through one hole. This is my current rig. Took this pic while I was putting it together. Since then I've had it bedded and had to have the barrel recrowned (came with a nick in it from the factory :x)
Remington 700 .223 with 5R fluted barrel.
Bell and Carlson m40 patten stock, epoxy bedded to action
Warne base and TPS rings
Vortex PST 2.5-10x32

She does alright :D
lefty o
Guru
Guru

Post by lefty o »

love guns, i guess you could say that. 50+, you may say i enjoy them.
woody b
Guru
Guru

Post by woody b »

I don't like to post much online about specific guns. Let's just say I'm well armed. If someone breaks in my house they won't hear a round being chambered though. There's a firearm cocked and locked in every room. (safe from kids, and strangers, but easily accessible) If I'm outside my house I'm armed. I've had my concealed carry permit for over 20 years. (I was in the 2nd class ever scheduled in NC) I stay away from "gun free zones" as much as possible.
I used to be a people person, but people ruined it.