Open to topics unrelated to Speed-Talk.
No politics. No religion topics.

Moderator: Team

rally
Expert
Expert
Re: Shirley Muldowney With Lung Cancer

Post by rally »

statsystems wrote:So the surgery yesterday was a success?

I hope so.

Hope she's off the cancer sticks.
Great news for Shirley. Class act all the way. Yes she was a smoker. Agree i hope she quit.
mag2555
Guru
Guru
Location: Heading for a bang up with Andromeda as we all are.

Post by mag2555 »

Great news !
You can cut a man's tongue from his mouth, but that does not mean he’s a liar, it just shows that you fear the truth he might speak about you!
DaveMcLain
Guru
Guru

Post by DaveMcLain »

A friend of mine had a grandfather that was diagnosed with lung cancer in 1966. They did surgery and he underwent cobalt 60 treatments after which he lived a normal life for another 30 years before dying from some other ailment all together so you just never know...
GARY C
HotPass
HotPass

Post by GARY C »

From her Face Book post tonight!
Shirley reports that Sunday is going well. She is still pretty sore but feels so much better. She even said the food is 5⭐️
It seems the nurses have done some background checking on Shirley and cannot believe her career. "They are shocked about 325 mph!"
Please Note!
THE ABOVE POST IN NO WAY REFLECTS THE VIEWS OF SPEED TALK OR IT'S MEMBERS AND SHOULD BE VIEWED AS ENTERTAINMENT ONLY...Thanks, The Management!
Ratu
Expert
Expert

Post by Ratu »

In dealing with solid mass tumours the best advice I have had is this. A winner of the Nobel Prize (twice) discovered that cancer cells have abnormal mitochondria. The cancer cells get their energy anaerobically via a fermentation processes to get sugar which they use. They abhor oxygen. Healthy cells are the opposite. The conclusion is to eliminate sugar and carb from your eating as far as possible and also to down regulate release of glucose from the liver. There are good medicines to do this. This starves your cancer cells and gives them a real hard time. This is not impossible to do (quite easy really). Just start by replacing the reduction of carb for your energy with whole fats and modest quantity of protein. Worth a try and far better than chemo.

By the way, nice fresh vegetables beat junk food and processed food every time. When I last visited the USA I could not get over the muck people were eating. No-one anywhere else accepts the waste sump oil so many US citizens consume. Incredible what one sees people eating! No wonder they looked so unwell.

Meanwhile, I wish the very best for Shirley Muldowney and hope she recovers completely and totally. I would not wish this terrible stressful time on her and trust it passes quickly away from her.

Ratu
mag2555
Guru
Guru
Location: Heading for a bang up with Andromeda as we all are.

Post by mag2555 »

X2.on what Cancer cells feed / grow on!
The Human body survives treating Cancer by near starving better then the effects of Chemo, period!!!!!
You can cut a man's tongue from his mouth, but that does not mean he’s a liar, it just shows that you fear the truth he might speak about you!
pamotorman
Guru
Guru

Post by pamotorman »

Ratu wrote:In dealing with solid mass tumours the best advice I have had is this. A winner of the Nobel Prize (twice) discovered that cancer cells have abnormal mitochondria. The cancer cells get their energy anaerobically via a fermentation processes to get sugar which they use. They abhor oxygen. Healthy cells are the opposite. The conclusion is to eliminate sugar and carb from your eating as far as possible and also to down regulate release of glucose from the liver. There are good medicines to do this. This starves your cancer cells and gives them a real hard time. This is not impossible to do (quite easy really). Just start by replacing the reduction of carb for your energy with whole fats and modest quantity of protein. Worth a try and far better than chemo.

By the way, nice fresh vegetables beat junk food and processed food every time. When I last visited the USA I could not get over the muck people were eating. No-one anywhere else accepts the waste sump oil so many US citizens consume. Incredible what one sees people eating! No wonder they looked so unwell.

Meanwhile, I wish the very best for Shirley Muldowney and hope she recovers completely and totally. I would not wish this terrible stressful time on her and trust it passes quickly away from her.

Ratu
a friend who is a 10+ year pancreatic cancer survivor was told by the doctors that cancer feeds on sugar. he was a big sweet eater like ice cream and sweet baked goods. they don't call sugar the white death for nothing. I also knew a person who used to put 8-10 packs of sugar into his coffee and he died at 37 from pancreatic cancer.
cv67
Guru
Guru

Post by cv67 »

x2 on sugar. It, chocolate is an inflammatory
Guess what tissyue inflammation causes?

If you know someone wiht say neuopathy (raises hand) fibromyalgia a diet overhaul is in order
Eliminating every source of stress possible WORKS.

Best for Shirley hope we get to hear from her soon!
Last time I saw here I was a kid on a Schwinn Stingray now almost 50 reading this. Wow.
Congrats to the fighter! =D>