Open to topics unrelated to Speed-Talk.
No politics. No religion topics.

Moderator: Team

Big Speed
Pro
Pro

Re: A New Engine Contest

Post by Big Speed »

Has the location been established yet?Bill C.
Ceralli Competition Engines & Checkered Flag Machine
Racing engines , CNC head porting and induction development
http://www.checkeredflagmachine.net/
Bulletbob

Post by Bulletbob »

We have established several locations that are available to host the competition. These locations are centrally located in the U.S. to hopefully be convenient for everyone.
WeingartnerRacing
Expert
Expert

Post by WeingartnerRacing »

I would like multi carb, solid roller cam, 14to1 compression, and conventional port layout heads.
Eric Weingartner
Weingartner Racing LLC
918-520-3480
www.wengines.com
Walter R. Malik
Guru
Guru

Post by Walter R. Malik »

WeingartnerRacing wrote:I would like multi carb, solid roller cam, 14to1 compression, and conventional port layout heads.
In my opinion ... that is exactly what "Extreme STREET" should have been in the first place, with flat tappets, a "0" lash lift rule, 10.5/1 compression and a cast single 4 barrel type, (carb or F.I.), for regular "Street".

Those would encompass most actual street vehicles of ALL brands.
http://www.rmcompetition.com
Specialty engine building at its finest.
gmrocket
Guru
Guru

Post by gmrocket »

anything that allows some creativity is a good thing.

i would like to see a class 350/360 cube class thats run on premium pump like 93/94. factory iron heads, to showcase the engine builders head work. 10.5 or 11 to 1, single 4150 , 3k to 7k epoxy allowed, any ring dimensions you want, and any bore/stroke :wink:

every manufacturer has an engine in this cube range. AMC, Buick, Olds, Pontiac, Chrysler, Chev and Ford. but it would be soooo boring without aluminum heads :lol:
Bulletbob

Post by Bulletbob »

This is why we are working with the idea of the possibility of two classes. This could be something like an extreme and street. We are wanting the competition to be along the lines of what you are thinking. Example: I am not interested in micro-managing piston ring size but if the engine was "street" then there should be cylinder heads that are commercially available. Same thing with the intake, commercially available. But, if the engine was in the extreme, then I could expect to see a fabricated intake.

Over the past week, I have been surprised at the response from the idea of a new competition. At this time, keep the phone calls coming to myself and Greg as we are gathering many ideas for the rules. "WE ARE LISTENING", so keep the ideas coming and if you know of others that want to participate, please forward them to us. We are looking to have an Engine Competition and Reunion because we all love to compete and at the same time share our thoughts and ideas.

Thanks
WeingartnerRacing
Expert
Expert

Post by WeingartnerRacing »

I have zero interest with cast iron heads. I do enough for circle track. It ends up costing much more than aluminum.

I want cast intake and heads and whatever welding or epoxy you want. The class should be extreme bracket motor because it is affordable then street class.
Eric Weingartner
Weingartner Racing LLC
918-520-3480
www.wengines.com
gmrocket
Guru
Guru

Post by gmrocket »

WeingartnerRacing wrote:I have zero interest with cast iron heads. I do enough for circle track. It ends up costing much more than aluminum.

I want cast intake and heads and whatever welding or epoxy you want. The class should be extreme bracket motor because it is affordable then street class.
i agree with you on that...but it eliminates non mainstream builds. thats why they are very rare sight at the EMC...especially in the bigger cubes, they are non existant... the EMC has a real phobia against smaller cubes lately. but i do see they have a 350 cube minimum for the small block class.

when your stuck using as cast externally,, and no epoxy or welding internally, on a non mainstream engine where there in one intake and one head manufacturer to pick from..what do you do? i dont go there to make friends and schmooze, its more fun to compete and not make a fool of yourself.
E.R. Racing

Post by E.R. Racing »

Where is this going to take place?
Bulletbob

Post by Bulletbob »

There are several locations we have secured in the central US which should be convenient for all. We will finalize the location within the next several weeks. Each of these facilities have the dynos, man power, and work area great to host our competition.
Walter R. Malik
Guru
Guru

Post by Walter R. Malik »

WeingartnerRacing wrote:I have zero interest with cast iron heads. I do enough for circle track. It ends up costing much more than aluminum.

Sounds like there will be enough fodder for at least a few years of "real street" and "extreme Bracket" competitions... :)
http://www.rmcompetition.com
Specialty engine building at its finest.
Bulletbob

Post by Bulletbob »

That's right, should be enough for everyone for many years of competition.
Keep the ideas coming as we are in the process of trying to compile a set of rules
Thanks,
Bob
900HP
Guru
Guru

Post by 900HP »

I'm interested in this as long as you keep the FE Ford people out :mrgreen: I'm sure Hot Rod has their reasons for banning this disreputable group of people :lol:

................. Barry, give me a call when you have a minute.
Throttle's Performance
(701)893-5010
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Throttle ... 1996281602
Barry_R
Guru
Guru

Post by Barry_R »

Hot Rod let me in - some famous rich guy decided to only enter one engine and made a place for the downtrodden, maligned tractor engine guy...

I might enter in two contests if they have classes I can compete in - like Street Slow, and Street Poke
Survival Motorsports
www.survivalmotorsports.com

WD for Comp, Manley, Blue Thunder, Diamond
Probe, Holley, Clevite, Federal-Mogul, Scat....
900HP
Guru
Guru

Post by 900HP »

Barry_R wrote:Hot Rod let me in - some famous rich guy decided to only enter one engine and made a place for the downtrodden, maligned tractor engine guy...

I might enter in two contests if they have classes I can compete in - like Street Slow, and Street Poke
I never knew FE stood for Farm Equipment................. it all makes sense to me now! :lol:
Throttle's Performance
(701)893-5010
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Throttle ... 1996281602