Open to topics unrelated to Speed-Talk.
No politics. No religion topics.

Moderator: Team

pdq67
Guru
Guru
Cancer...

Post by pdq67 »

I might have already asked, so if I have, please bear with me.

I am reading that cancer cells will die in an "oxygenated" as well as in an "alkali" environment in our bodies.

What chemicals/liquids. etc., will create this type of environment in our bodies so that I can help myself fight any cancer that might occur??

Just thinking about a little preventive maintenance here is all for the future..

He, He!! Am I talking about taking small doses of, "OxiClean", and "Alka-Seltzer"?

pdq67
Barry_R
Guru
Guru

Re: Cancer...

Post by Barry_R »

I find that a regular treatment of alcohol seem to reduce my concerns.
Survival Motorsports
www.survivalmotorsports.com

WD for Comp, Manley, Blue Thunder, Diamond
Probe, Holley, Clevite, Federal-Mogul, Scat....
Keith Morganstein
Guru
Guru

Post by Keith Morganstein »

pdq67 wrote:I might have already asked, so if I have, please bear with me.

I am reading that cancer cells will die in an "oxygenated" as well as in an "alkali" environment in our bodies.

What chemicals/liquids. etc., will create this type of environment in our bodies so that I can help myself fight any cancer that might occur??

Just thinking about a little preventive maintenance here is all for the future..

He, He!! Am I talking about taking small doses of, "OxiClean", and "Alka-Seltzer"?

pdq67
I've never thought about that. I'm not sure you can significantly change alkalinity in your body. (And if you'd really want to)

I think you can improve blood oxygen level with more excercise and not smoking.
Automotive Machining, cylinder head rebuilding, engine building. Can't seem to quit #-o
BCjohnny
Guru
Guru

Post by BCjohnny »

Barry_R wrote:I find that a regular treatment of alcohol seem to reduce my concerns.
It's been a long while since I regularly tried 'pickling' myself in it, lol, but otherwise I concur.

[Paul, it is what it is, keep as fit and healthy as you can, not sure you can prepare for everything ......]
volodkovich

Post by volodkovich »

The best method is to Fast 2 or 3 times a year - no food (just water) for 2-3 days. It puts stress on your cells and induces autophagy - where your body kills the cells that aren't working properly and eventually turn into cancer. It is very healthy for you too.
Also cut carbohydrates, especially refined. Cancer cells use glucose for fuel so moving to a fat based diet (ketogenic) reduces growth in cancer cells (we all have them).
WhitleyTune - Bespoke Camshaft, Valvetrain & Aluminium casting
pdq67
Guru
Guru

Post by pdq67 »

volodkovich wrote:The best method is to Fast 2 or 3 times a year - no food (just water) for 2-3 days. It puts stress on your cells and induces autophagy - where your body kills the cells that aren't working properly and eventually turn into cancer. It is very healthy for you too.
Also cut carbohydrates, especially refined. Cancer cells use glucose for fuel so moving to a fat based diet (ketogenic) reduces growth in cancer cells (we all have them.)
Thanks, I didn't know that fat meat was actually good for us and I like the taste of the fat in a good cheap cut of meat like "chuck steak". As well as the outside fat around a great T-bone and Porterhouse!

pdq67
crazyman
Expert
Expert

Post by crazyman »

A touch of baking soda brings you back, aka brushing your teeth with actual baking soda then swallowing the results. A very smart dude (Larry Voga with the huge homemade tractor, Big Bud, I think) once recommended this book to me, but I never got around to reading it. http://www.amazon.com/The-pH-Miracle-Ba ... 0446556181
volodkovich

Post by volodkovich »

Fat is great for you - as long as you eat it without carbohydrates. Carbohydrates cause insulin release which is the fat regulating hormone. With insulin in the bloodstream, body fat cannot be used for energy and any excess energy gets stored as fat. So if you eat that fatty steak with some french fries then all the excess has to be stored as fat. Eat it alone (or with some greens, salad etc) and your body learns to convert the fat into Ketones and use it as fuel.

We have been eating fatty meats for millenia. Only when refined carbohydrates came into the picture were the so-called 'dieseases of civilization' noticed in the population.

If you are interested in how the bad science got into the mainstream I recommend a book called 'Good Calories, Bad Calories' by Gary Taubes. His hypothesis is that it is dietary carbohydrates and not dietary fat that is causing widespread obesity and therefore health problems.

Chuck steak is my favourite too. How do you cook it?
WhitleyTune - Bespoke Camshaft, Valvetrain & Aluminium casting
GARY C
HotPass
HotPass

Post by GARY C »

Something you may find interesting http://www.colonhealthinfo.com/diet/separation_diet.htm after my dad got colon cancer it made me start studying why. Our cells are steadily reproducing so if the don't have the correct nutrients then they reproduce a deficient cell...It's no different then trying to reproduce a good engine combo "except" you choose a few inferior parts, so now that engine combo fails and makes it appear that the one that originally came up with the engine combo didn't know what they were doing when actually it was the one trying to duplicate it.
This came to mind one day while sitting in a Micky D's drive through after spending a week chasing down all the best parts and oil for my race car and now I sit here fixing to shovel shit food into my own body!
I no longer eat anything boxed or bagged (IE:processed) now I focus on living food, meats, fruits, veggies...No cheap cooking oils, Only Coconut and Olive oil I use Bragg brand Apple Cider Viniger on a regular basses, most of my meat is grass fed beef or range fed chicken, it doesn't require seasoning for flavor, if you have never tried it you will be shocked at the difference of taste over supermarket meat.
I could go on about seasonings in containers and their silicon stopping up your digestion system or fake tub butter and how close it is to eating plastic or hormones and antibiotics in most processed meats but I wont for now.
Please Note!
THE ABOVE POST IN NO WAY REFLECTS THE VIEWS OF SPEED TALK OR IT'S MEMBERS AND SHOULD BE VIEWED AS ENTERTAINMENT ONLY...Thanks, The Management!
GARY C
HotPass
HotPass

Post by GARY C »

volodkovich wrote:The best method is to Fast 2 or 3 times a year - no food (just water) for 2-3 days. It puts stress on your cells and induces autophagy - where your body kills the cells that aren't working properly and eventually turn into cancer. It is very healthy for you too.
Also cut carbohydrates, especially refined. Cancer cells use glucose for fuel so moving to a fat based diet (ketogenic) reduces growth in cancer cells (we all have them).
And yes I would agree with fasting for cleaning out your system...We don't have a problem understanding a radiator flush, oil or trans fluid change....
Please Note!
THE ABOVE POST IN NO WAY REFLECTS THE VIEWS OF SPEED TALK OR IT'S MEMBERS AND SHOULD BE VIEWED AS ENTERTAINMENT ONLY...Thanks, The Management!