Open to topics unrelated to Speed-Talk.
No politics. No religion topics.

Moderator: Team

lefty o
Guru
Guru
Re: Rheumatoid Aithritis?

Post by lefty o »

if it helps the other problems, hats are cheap.
Kevin Johnson
HotPass
HotPass

Post by Kevin Johnson »

Samantha is allergic to a common preservative used in medicines. She went through a laborious process to find a powdered product that could be inhaled before each meal. Because the sealed product would not support growth without moisture present they had the drug approved without the preservative. When inhaling she had the common side effect of heavy coughing when the particles went into her lungs. Her concern was that she was damaging her lungs and she went in for a test. Turned out that her lung capacity actually increased over a test taken a couple years prior! That was a surprise.

I have noticed that the ads on TY for various prescribed drugs are a lot more forward with some of the possible negative side effects (death usually being mentioned as a possibility).

Ken,you should try to get a second and even third opinion from doctors. That might involve a good deal of travel but it is good to have different perspectives analyzing the issue.
Driving Force Online: BREAKING NEWS—Ohio Governor Signs SEMA-Supported Vehicle Freedom Bill Into Law!
Kevin Johnson
HotPass
HotPass

Post by Kevin Johnson »

Well, it sounds like the doctor actually believes you when you are reporting symptoms. Samantha has run into a few that were very skeptical. I had to take high doses of Vitamin D as well (for the first time in my life). I think it was because I spent so much time indoors allowing my foot to heal.
Driving Force Online: BREAKING NEWS—Ohio Governor Signs SEMA-Supported Vehicle Freedom Bill Into Law!
pdq67
Guru
Guru

Post by pdq67 »

Ken,

Up until I had My L4-5 Laminidectomy(Sp?) back it Jan 3rd, 2007, I had to take a T-4 along with a shotta Jack to get by.

The sucker hurt SO bad that I told Dr. Miles here in town who is the, "Cutter", to do it because I was not going to make it because of the leg pain!

And the f** pain is back again....

pdq67
pdq67
Guru
Guru

Post by pdq67 »

Ken,

I am holding in my hand the drug, "Cefuroxime".

Wiki it up..

Seems that it works on, "Lymes Disease", so go figure..

Might be worth looking into??

My be-loved, "wood-hippie", buddy Doc keeps hammering into me that a bunch of shit that is actually killing us is no more than bacterial waste infections that go untreated. Dose yourself with massive amounts of say Tetracycline for starters to see if it helps?

pdq67
pdq67
Guru
Guru

Post by pdq67 »

Asking for an update is all!

How are you doing Ken?

pdq67
pdq67
Guru
Guru

Post by pdq67 »

You do know what the plan is, don't you??

The plan is to do as little as possible to keep us old MFer's alive so that we DIE early!!

Save's the Gov. a lot of TAXPAYERS money that they want to steal/waste, right?

pdq67
pdq67
Guru
Guru

Post by pdq67 »

I said, "Gov.", not Dr's!

pdq67
pdq67
Guru
Guru

Post by pdq67 »

Ken, I'm real glad that you are feeling better..

pdq67
pdq67
Guru
Guru

Post by pdq67 »

I just got back from walking around the corner to the stop sign at the other corner. (11:00 PM-ish). Took my cane along.

I told a bunch in our neighborhood not to get upset if they saw some fool out walking say, at midnight , then 2:00, then 3:30 and maybe 5:00 am because it was me.

They looked at me and saw me gimping along and said, I was their late night neighborhood watch and I just laughed. In talking, it's amazing how many people have had hip/knee stuff done to them and they all understand the walking stuff.

Great neighborhood and the more I walk, the better I'm feeling/healing!

Hang in there Ken!

pdq67